markbin

iMac G3 Ram

I need some ram for my G3 iMac. It is barley running 10.3 on the original 128 mb of ram.

Thanks

-Mark

Check out www.dealram.com.

i would recommend owc (macsales.com)

How much ram do you need? i have a few 128's laying around.

I need some ram for my G3 iMac. It is barley running 10.3 on the original 128 mb of ram.

Is it a tray load or slot load CD drive? as they use different types of of RAM.

The tray load iMacs use the smaller laptop RAM, and can be very difficult to upgrade the RAM. A couple of months ago I removed a 256MB SO-DIMM from a tray load iMac to put in to an iBook that was being upgraded to OSX. Getting to the RAM in the tray load model is VERY Difficult, I have upgraded RAM/CPU/CD/HD in many Mac and PCs and I have to say the tray load iMac is the trickiest. You probable have a slot load iMac, that is much easier to get to the RAM in, although I've never personally had to open one of them.

If you need to place the iMac screen down during the upgrade, put a towel under it to protect the screen.

http://everymac.com/ is great site to find which model you have.

the Trayload iMacs didn't come with 128 of original RAM, although they were upgradable to 128.

sorry it took me so long to reply, It is the slot-loading iMac and I would like any kind of upgrade. This is our only stable mac because our G5 has been sent into repair and was not fixed. so it needs some help. We are going to take it back down to an apple service centre on next wendsday. It is 110Mi. away and they wont let us ship it. so we are stuck with this G3 for a little bit.

Thanks for all the replies,

-Mark