Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

April 1st?

so whats coming?

Personally I'd love to see a new, and cheaper iBook. Maybe a $800 price tag would be good enough...

and a new ipod cause I really don't want a new mac mini or a boombox...

I would put money that it won't be a cheaper ibook. In fact since I see you are in Ireland when the ibook or macbook as it will probably be called does come out it will probably be more expensive. That being said I wonder if the macbook will be released April 1st. Do you think that a new ibook is a big enough event for April 1st?

Well... Apple could play a very "interesting" April Fools joke and say they were switching to Windows.

But they could go all wrong and NOT say it was joke.

I am hoping for a black mac.

to be fair, apple needs to appeal to the lower priced laptop maket. teh mini has made some ground but in its current installment its really expensive! ok it has a faster hard drive and wireless & bluetooth but its gone from a cheap mac to just another reason to buy a €/$400 windows machine...

what is wrong with you people? just another reason to buy a €400 windows machine?

do you know why its €400? BECAUSE ITS A WINDOWS MACHINE!! seriously. do not waste your money buying a pc. if you want to waste your money buying a pc, give your money to ME! and i will give you a matchbox with a window frame drawn on it and inside it will have lots of worms and bugs and maggots. ;)

you know what i want for april 1st, or what i think we'll get. itunes movie store, airport update (video?) apple surround sound wireless.

Anybody looked at the calendar.

I happen to look at the calendar today and guess what?

April 1st is a Saturday.

You think Apple will havea keynote on a Saturday?

I bet they will have a huge party Friday night and then lots of fun activities on the Apple campus on Saturday at leas this is how I would celebrate and then in the afternoon have a keynote around 2 or 3 p.m.

While I am sure they will party Friday night I am really not sure if they have a keynote on Saturday, what do you think?

I would put money that it won't be a cheaper ibook. In fact since I see you are in Ireland when the ibook or macbook as it will probably be called does come out it will probably be more expensive. That being said I wonder if the macbook will be released April 1st. Do you think that a new ibook is a big enough event for April 1st?

I think there will be probably a 30th anniversary computer. Perhaps they will do a huge push on the intel stuff by releasing their entire range. Also maybe the true video iPod.

I think there will be probably a 30th anniversary computer. Perhaps they will do a huge push on the intel stuff by releasing their entire range. Also maybe the true video iPod.

A Video iPod I believe could be expected, but I really doubt we will see an Intel PowerMac we will not see those at least until MacWorld as the appropiate processors will not yet be around.

I think that good thing to release on April 1st wuld be a new ipod or an intel powermac with a possible quad core

Personally, I think they have enough on their plate, and there doesn't *need* to be any special edition 30th anniversary anything.

I know the new Apple Store in the mall near me is opening April 1st (if it means anything).

that is gonna be a heck of an opening party!

Okay, for April 1 I'd like to see the iBook replacement (MacBook?) issued with of course the Intel core chip -- perhaps like the Mini, the lowest end model with the single core; and the higher with the duo core.

And oh yeh --- available in your choice of white or black gleaming case colors to match the iPod Nano and 5th Gen. iPod!

i still think everyone is blowing this 'true video ipod' way out of proportion. you're all talking about it as though its the truth. has apple ever said anything about the 5th gen not being a video ipod? just because they chose not to call it a video ipod doesnt mean it isnt the 'true' one. all this crap about there being a true video ipod released is just rumours, but you all base your lives around the fact that there's going to be one released. ive even heard people say, 'im saving up for a true video ipod'. WHAT?

i still think everyone is blowing this 'true video ipod' way out of proportion. you're all talking about it as though its the truth. has apple ever said anything about the 5th gen not being a video ipod? just because they chose not to call it a video ipod doesnt mean it isnt the 'true' one. all this crap about there being a true video ipod released is just rumours, but you all base your lives around the fact that there's going to be one released. ive even heard people say, 'im saving up for a true video ipod'. WHAT?

Yes I believe you are right Apple has never said that.

But they were very careful to call the 5th Gen the "iPod with Video" and the main reason why Apple has not yet released such an iPod is battery life and the other (this is speculation on my part) is how to make such an iPod with a bigger display, how to make the user interface this is the trikest part about it.

But that Apple will release a Video iPod is just logical its like, in the future we will have BluRay and HD-DVD capable Super Drives in our Macs, notebooks running on Hydrogen Cells, bigger harddrives in our computers, the next gen USB/Firewire connector in our Macs (I believe coming out end of year) and 802.11n Wifi standard in our Notebooks.

It just follows like a boy growing a beard when he becomes a man. :)

i understand what your saying but tell me this, if you were gonna watch HD-Tv, would you really want to watch it on a tiny little screen. even if it is bigger than teh 5G ipod. no ficken way.

so they didnt call the 5G ipod, ipod video like they did with the 4G ipod calling it ipod photo when it first came out, but remember, this is the same company that came up with the name, "macbookpro". lol

A Video iPod I believe could be expected, but I really doubt we will see an Intel PowerMac we will not see those at least until MacWorld as the appropiate processors will not yet be around.

Well thats not what Steve Jobs said.

"We aim to release our entire range with intel processors within this calender year."

Doesn't coincide seeing as the next MacWorld will be in 2007

Now lets put everything into perspective.

The last keynote was a disappointment, except iLife 06.

Don't build the hype because otherwise it will be disappointing again.

If you think about what could be then whatever Steve says will be wonderful.

Remember don't hype too much. Keep it real

:lol:

I don't think that Apple will do anythiing on April 1st that is tricky. The have never done this before. Or will they 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

is 30 years a big amount for companys?

if it is they may come out wiht somthing.

Well thats not what Steve Jobs said.

"We aim to release our entire range with intel processors within this calender year."

Doesn't coincide seeing as the next MacWorld will be in 2007

Sorry I meant WWDC World Wide Developer Conference in June I think this is the first event where we might see a full range of Intel Products or at least the rest being announced I don't think we will see a full range before then.