Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

April 1st?

I'm practically positive Apple will announce the new iBook on April 1st. Here's why:

1. Jobs referenced the date at the Expo, so you know something big is going to happen.

2. The iBook is surely the next in line to get the Intel treatment.

3. After holding out for an Intel iBook for months, I finally realized I have fallen in love with the MacBook Pro and am now on the waiting list.

Number 3 pretty much seals the deal right there. :lol:

The rumor that Adam referenced a few shows back makes a lot of sense to me: a dual core 13.3 inch that comes in black or white with the usual Apple features plus a built in iSight camera. It will, of course, be named the "MacBook," which I think is a great name and will help make "MacBook Pro" a little easier on the ears.

Don't you remember the 20th anniversary mac?http://tam.axon.net/

i really dont remember it

I'm practically positive Apple will announce the new iBook on April 1st. Here's why:

1. Jobs referenced the date at the Expo, so you know something big is going to happen.

3. After holding out for an Intel iBook for months, I finally realized I have fallen in love with the MacBook Pro and am now on the waiting list.

The rumor that Adam referenced a few shows back makes a lot of sense to me: a dual core 13.3 inch that comes in black or white with the usual Apple features plus a built in iSight camera. It will, of course, be named the "MacBook," which I think is a great name and will help make "MacBook Pro" a little easier on the ears.

i dont agree with anything you said.

1. so jobs referenced the date. that does mean that something is going to happen. maybe not even a keynote but we will definately see something. HOWEVER, how is this evidence that we're going to see an iBook?

2. "The iBook is surely the next in line to get the Intel treatment." ohhhh i see. well thats pretty hard evidence. /sarcasm. i dont mean to be rude but how is that good evidence that we're going to see an ibook next? just because you say it's 'surely the next' to get upgraded to intel, doesnt mean diddly squat. sorry.

3. so since you've been holding out, now that you've finally ordered a mac book pro, apple has decided, out of spite for you, random customer, to release an intel iBook. i see.

the rumours are that it will be a 13in widescreen ibook, of course its gonna have the IR remote, front row, and that apple is gonna continue it's use of magnets (paraphrased)

he never said anything about duel core solo (because it wasnt out yet) and he never said anything about apple offering black or white. that is a rumour that has come up in this thread.

seriously guy, if you're gonna speculate, have something to back up your thesis.

Well I agree with you I also believe that we will see a MacBook at the April 1st event. Assuming that a new Intel Product will be released at that time the iBook makes the most sense and we could also see a "17 MacBook Pro.

I don't quite understand your 3rd point but agree with the 1st and 2nd.

I would expect 2 models of MacBook like the Mini a sub $1000 (maybe $1100) with a Core Solo and 2nd Model around $1500 with a CoreDuo more Ram, bigger HD and SuperDrive.

So while i have to agree with Craigth that the iBook does not have be released at this event I would be surprised big time not to see a MacBook before the end of May and around April 1st seems to be the best timing.

[quote name="craigeth

i dont agree with anything you said.

seriously guy' date=' if you're gonna speculate, have something to back up your thesis.[/quote]

Jeez, Craig, lighten up a little.

Adam didn't say the rumor was it was going to be black and white and that it would be the dual core? Well excuuuuse me. I thought he did. Mea frickin culpa.

Doesn't it make sense that the iBook is next? G5? Done. Powerbook? Done. Mini? Done. Power Macs? Don't you think Apple will wait until there are more native pro apps available?

Regarding Jobs referencing the date. Even you agree that something is probably coming. I think it will be an Intel iBook. You don't. Ok. Got it. I just hope that after last week's lame announcements--an expensive mini that won't work for gamers, a boom box (yawn) and a couple of overpriced leather ipod socks--Jobs will introduce something as big and exciting as a new iBook or say, a 30th edition Mac.

And my reference to Apple announcing the new iBook now that I'm no longer holding out for one was meant to be a joke and at my own expense. I'm sorry it didn't come off that way. I thought it was pretty obvious. Next time, I'll be sure to add a smiley emoticon.

Sheesh, dude. This ain't life and death and sure as heck doesn't call for a thesis. Relax and enjoy the ride. :lol:

if im right you're all going to be eating your own words.

downing, i didnt mean to seem uptight or anything. i just think that if you're going to give your opinion on something, that you should have better evidence to back it up than, 'i said so'.

Craig,

But my say so is about all I got. :)

Seriously, none of us know what Apple will announce, so everyone has to guess. Maybe they'll surprise us all and announce... nothing. Frankly, a new iBook/MacBook seems to me to be a little anticlimatic for Apple's 30th birthday. I suppose a new iBook in conjuction with a 17-inch MacBook Pro wouldn't be bad.

But after last week's "fun" announcement, practically anything would be an improvement.

I'm fully prepared to eat my words. It wouldn't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

I do think that a dual core Black iBook/MacBook would be pretty cool though. After all, they have to do something with all those 1.67GHz dual core chips laying around, right?

Peace, bro.

I don't believe Apple needs to wait for more native apps to upgrade all processors to Intel. They've already released quite a bit very quickly. I don't see why they have any incentive to stay with PowerPC. Yes, they need to offer continued PowerPC support and OS updates (at least for some time to come), but people always want newer and faster. That's where the money is. Intel is the newer and faster for Apple.

Apple will have updated all their software in the near future. 3rd party suppliers will soon follow or watch their own sales fall.

downing. i agree that a new ibook/macbook would be cool.

if apple upgrades final cut to universal by april 1st, ill go buy a new mac mini. if not, ill cry. cause i wont be able to buy a power pc mini. :(

i think, based on apples movement into the living room, i think we're going to see some type of surround sound product. but video support for airport would be so cool. but who knows.

Hey Craig,

Check out the MacRumors 3/10/06 website:

AppleInsider reports that Apple will hold a media event in conjunction with its 30th anniversary on April 1, but that the date of the event may be just before or after April 1st since the day is a Saturday.

Sources are almost certain the event will play host to a new line of 13-inch widescreen consumer iBook notebooks based on Intel microprocessors. Additional announcements such as a high-end 17-inch MacBook Pro and a high-profile iPod-related product may also be in the cards.

The last media event, on February 28, saw the introduction of the new Intel Mac mini and the iPod Hi-Fi.

Hey, maybe a lucky guess for me after all. :)

yeah I just wish they would introduce the new iBook YESTERDAY I am going nuts on this fracking Windows machine!!! :evil:

downing, i saw that on digg i think. but what sources? the media is just getting rumours from sites just like maccast and digg, and many other rumour sites. there are no sources. their sources are just people like you and me.

i dont doubt that we'll see a macbook/ibook. but i do doubt this ipod video with touchscreen. it just doesnt seem plausable (sp?) right now.

The Appleinsider has been very reliable over the last few month. Especially when it came to Intel Rumours.

So if they say somethignis a rumour its almost true

Here's what my prediction is for the 1st:

1) No new iPod. Really, I think even for Apple it's too soon to release a "true video" iPod. I really think the rumors are a bunch of bull frankly.

2) one new intel mac. This could be the ibook, or possibly the PowerPC (or maybe PowerMac?) to get the Intel treatment.

3) Cinema Display Upgrade. Since it appears that iSight is steadily becoming standard fare, why not place it in the Cinema Displays?

4) An update on the state of Universal Programs. I havn't heard Apple tote how the conversion is going recently. Maybe by then it will be well on it's way?

5) For the 30th anniversary... I honestly havn't a clue. It could be that I'm still very new to how Apple goes about doing things, but the best I can think of is a special edition iMac. Personally, I'm hoping it isn't black.

possibly the PowerPC (or maybe PowerMac?) to get the Intel treatment.

isnt powerpc the chip not a computer?

I hate when the Media says "true video ipod!!!" i don't wamt to carry a 4 inch effin screen in my pocket. just cuz it doesn't have video in its name doesn't mean it is the true video iPod!!!! look we got the ipod photo the color ipod with photo!!! Apple is all about portability i mean thats what makes ipod sell!!!! and plus people have been saying widescreen iBooks for a year already!!!!!!!!!

Make a ACD with a built in iSight and photobooth with new 12 inhc, 15 and 17 inch and ill buy one!

I hate when the Media says "true video ipod!!!"

[Tao Te Ching]

The video iPod which can be known is not the true video iPod.

[/Tao Te Ching]

[Tao Te Ching]

[/Tao Te Ching]

Because we will expect a better one?

[Tao Te Ching]

[/Tao Te Ching]

Because we will expect a better one?

The Master does not expect, thus she is never surprised.

My prediction is a free 30" Cinema HD Display with every new PowerMac purchase on 4/1/06. Celebrating 30 years.

my birthday is march 31st. The day before :-(

maybe i should just get money and wait and see what comes out

My prediction is a free 30" Cinema HD Display with every new PowerMac purchase on 4/1/06. Celebrating 30 years.

I don't think so. But I wouldn't be surprised if they release soem kind of product with signatures of famous people.

I.e. a red iPod in coloberation with Bono (U2) for his charity against Aids.

And this iPod would be signed by Steve, Bono, all U2 members, Woz, and members of the old Maintosh team.

Ok this is a wish product I would like to see.

But some special product signed by somebody wouldn't surprise me.

It's beginning to look like Apple's going to announce...

NOTHING!

Dang it, fooled again.

Personally, I blame Craig. :lol:

that would work as its april fools day

I dunno, I'm hoping that there will still be an event sometime within the coming month (would be great timing for the summer buying season and for all of us back-to-schoolers)

Then again, I am something of an eternal optimist...