Sign in to follow this  
shaiboyuk

clock, battery and wireless notifications missing restore?!?

Hi all,

Hope someone can help, finally got my ibook back after being in for repair. Before it went away, I backed it up using Carbon Clone to a dmg file, when I got it back, I ran the tiger CD then went into Disk Utility and restored it from this dmg.

All seemed well, but something was missing! At the top right corner, my clock, battery and wireless notifications on the top bar are gone! I tried going into Preferences and turning on the clock, but it doesn't save it, just turns the tick off again, same for wireless and battery icon!

Anyone any ideas? have I done something wrong? anyway of fixing it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

This is odd. My first suggestions would be to Repair Permissions (properly) and then zap the PRAM. Try turning them on again and see what happens.

This is odd. My first suggestions would be to Repair Permissions (properly) and then zap the PRAM. Try turning them on again and see what happens.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Whats the best way to Repair Permissions (properly)? and zap the PRAM?

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Whats the best way to Repair Permissions (properly)? and zap the PRAM?

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

He means that you must verify permissions before you repair them.

Yes, to repair permissions properly you need to go to your Disk Utility and Verify permissions before Repairing them.

Zapping PRAM is simple, just reboot your Mac and hold down "Command (the Apple key)+Option (the Alt key)+P+R" while it is booting, when you hear the startup sound for the seond time the operation is complete, and you can release the key combination. Now just let your Mac boot as normal.