33 members have voted

1. 1.

• Used Mac entire life
    • switched from Mac to Windows
    • switched from Mac to Windows then back to mac
    • switched from Windows to Mac
    • Likes Mac more; uses Windows and Mac
    • Likes Windows more; uses Windows and Mac

Who here has started using a Mac and had no need to switch? Who swtiched from Mac to Windows then switched back? What convinced you to switch to a Windows? Who uses both Mac and Windows? Who switched from a Windows to a Mac? What convinced you to do so?

I myself use both, but of course I like Macs more. My first computer that I worked with was a Mac

if anyone says the switched back to windows i shall slap them

I switched from windows to mac in august.The iPod my mrs brought me back from Hong Kong in january 2005 got me into apple.Our computer is used by the family for the regular home stuff,music,photos,surfing the net and online shopping.The windows pc was just getting to be real hard work and having three kids who use the net picks up all sorts of baddies.A vist to my friends studio introduced me to his mac and i was blown away.He told me about his mac experience,i done some homework and reserched macs and made the decision to buy an iMac g5.

It just works.No messing about with all the maintenace crap you get with windows.

I have had no major problems in the 7 months i have had the mac just the normal switcher teething problems.

back when I was oh about 7-8, my family had an apple ][ - one of those with the huge 5 1/4 inch floppy drives (we had two!) and a monochrome green screen... then it was replaced with a 286 machine 8Mhz (but 11Mhz with 'Turbo'), CGA screen and DOS. After several computers and my first (and last) PC laptop, I jumped ship with encouragement from my then girlfriend (now wife) and purchase a Cube in 2000.

Now blissful mac-geek life with a iMac G5 and a PB.

update

OK corrected now (from mac -> apple ][) to be historically accurate

copied and pasted from switcher stories:

I figured I'd tell my story. So here goes:

I was first introduced to macs many years ago. My neighbor Michael had a g3 imac and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. After i moved out of that neighborhood i basically forgot about macintosh computers for a while.

about three years ago when i was 12 i was really in to making movies with my mini dv camera. I wanted my own computer to edit my movies on. So i began looking for a computer and software to use for editing. My uncle told me that Apple computers came with imovie which was a great editing program for me. So eventually i went to the apple store at the mall and checked out my first mac. I loved it. I screwed around with a dv camera they had connected to the mac and decided from that point that i would save as much money as needed to get a mac. So the saving began. I mowed lawns, washed cars, and worked for my dad's company as a office janitor. After about a year i had the $1300 for a brand new shiny emac with a super drive. Three years later i still have my emac and still love it. Getting back on the family computer which is a pc or any other pc drives me crazy. MACS FOREVER! Even though im not into filming anymore, i use my mac for everything. It never dissapoints me and my friends are still jealous. I've even converted one of them to macs. HE got a mac mini about a month ago.

There's my story! hope you enjoyed it

i have always used a mac. i dont know when my parents started using mac because my dads parents still use a pc. i have always been on a mac and that will stay the same for many years to come.

back when I was oh about 7-8, my family had a mac - one of those with the huge 5 1/4 inch floppy drives (we had two!) and a monochrome green screen...

Well, that's impossible, as Macs never had 5.25 inch floppy drives. They started with a 400k 3.5 inch floppy.

Anyhoo, I switched from a Commodore 64 to an original Mac 128k and I've never looked back or even thought about switching. Of course, I can and did use Windoze machines when I was in the military, but I always had a Mac at home. Now, I sit at a Mac at work, and I go home to a Mac also. I'm quite oblivious to the Windoze world and really don't have a single need for it. I will never switch!

back when I was oh about 7-8, my family had a mac - one of those with the huge 5 1/4 inch floppy drives (we had two!) and a monochrome green screen...

Well, that's impossible, as Macs never had 5.25 inch floppy drives. They started with a 400k 3.5 inch floppy.

Huh... how come I found:

This

This

There's a few more. They did use them. I even remember using them when I was in school.

Huh... how come I found:

This

This

There's a few more. They did use them. I even remember using them when I was in school.

The first one is a Lisa, and even though it was later renamed the Mac XL (in a desperate attempt to sell the things), it wasn't really a Mac. The second one is an Apple IIe, also not a Mac. Yes, some Apple Computers did use 5.25 inch floppies, but the original Mac had a 3.5 inch as did all its successors.

my dad, he used to use a mac. then he switched when he changed jobs. now he doesnt really use macs anymore.

Havve you heard of anyone switching from a Mac to a Windows before?

yes, all my freinds at school, one reason. PC games.

I have switched over to Mac completely at home for surfing, photo management, music, etc., but I still have to use Windows at work as I am a .NET, Delphi, Java, ASP.NET, C++, and VB6 developer, depending on the day. :)

I loved the way eMac looked. I was facinated to it but could never bought it.

Still i am in love with Mac and offcourse i purchased one, but, unfortunately, i can not use it at my Work. This world is still pluged to the system and we need to unplug it. My job related apps are not supported on mac but who cares, even i do not want to take work at home. Frankly speaking, i do not even care if my old windows laptop need dusting. I just hate it now.

But yes, i do know people who switched back to windows because of that reason and as "mac user X" said for PC games, but one of them still kept his old Mac with him and some time use it. He just couldn't trash it as he still loves his Mac.

I think the person switching back to Windows is a person who was forced to join the dark side because he may had no other option, as i thinkm no one will do this with his own wish.

My switch to Mac is a long one. At school from pre-K to 6th grade I used Macs at school. However none of them ran OSX. At home I ran windows 95 and later 2000. Then I left that school because the principal was an evil bitch and went to a school that used dells :cry: while using a dell at home. Then I wanted a new computer and wanted to try something differnt, so I asked for a Mac. I got an iMac and not 3 weeks later I got a PowerBook. So I do not know which option to chose.