Sign in to follow this  
The Dead Herring

Are you an Agent18 videoshield owner?

As the subject suggests........

I currently own an iSkin eVo3 for my iPod 'w' video, but have got slightly annoyed with it because it picks up so much dust and cat hairs. You know, alot of dust, like, wave it through the air and it will emerge in a skin of dust. Thats pretty dusty if you ask me.

Anyway, I have been taking a look at the Agent 18 VideoShield and I want to know if it's any good. The reviews on the apple site look favourable and I will probably make the long trip down to London to the apple store so I can try it out.

But do any of you lot own one of these cases?

Please provide me with a short review to aid me in my decision, thanks in advance for any help.

I have the VideoShield on my 5G 60GB iPod and LOVE IT. It does get dust underneath it every so often which annoys me because I have to open it up and clean it but otherwise it has protected my iPod with excellence!

Mine has some smudges on the screen area but I cannot think of what my iPod would look like if I didn't have the VideoShield. For its price I think it is one of the best hard-shell cases I have ever invested in!

One thing that you need to be careful of though is when you are putting the case back together!!!! Make sure that the front of your iPod is clean and that the inside of the case is clean otherwise you might scratch the front of your iPod! (Just shows you how tight the fit on the iPod really is!)

I have the VideoShield on my 5G 60GB iPod and LOVE IT. It does get dust underneath it every so often which annoys me because I have to open it up and clean it but otherwise it has protected my iPod with excellence!

Mine has some smudges on the screen area but I cannot think of what my iPod would look like if I didn't have the VideoShield. For its price I think it is one of the best hard-shell cases I have ever invested in!

One thing that you need to be careful of though is when you are putting the case back together!!!! Make sure that the front of your iPod is clean and that the inside of the case is clean otherwise you might scratch the front of your iPod! (Just shows you how tight the fit on the iPod really is!)

Thanks for the review, how often do you have to take it off to clean it out? The thing is, on my iSkin, because the dusty nature of it the dust seems to seep in behind the screen and get everywhere. I wouldn't want to have the same problem as before. I am almost going to buy one but I think I need more 'swaying because I really don't want to buy yet another one!

Oh about every few weeks... say once a month depending on where you store it. If I keep it in my pocket a lot then I have to clean it more often. If I keep it in my backpack or somewhere where there isn't a lot of dust/lint then I don't have to clean it as often.

Hope that helps.

Just FYI. I am waiting on a new case from Marware that I saw when I was in Macworld. If they come out with it in the next few weeks then I would go with that one!! It is a hard gray plastic with a glass shield for your screen and has little "doors" that cover all your plugs/holes on the iPod! VERY NICE although I have not seen it on their site yet!

EDIT: The case was similar to this product also from Marware (If this is not the actual thing and they just changed its design since I saw it!)

EDIT #2: After a little searching the link in my previous edit IS for the product I saw at Macworld and yes, they changed the design a bit since then. The product won't release until the 17th of March!

Oh about every few weeks... say once a month depending on where you store it. If I keep it in my pocket a lot then I have to clean it more often. If I keep it in my backpack or somewhere where there isn't a lot of dust/lint then I don't have to clean it as often.

Hope that helps.

Just FYI. I am waiting on a new case from Marware that I saw when I was in Macworld. If they come out with it in the next few weeks then I would go with that one!! It is a hard gray plastic with a glass shield for your screen and has little "doors" that cover all your plugs/holes on the iPod! VERY NICE although I have not seen it on their site yet!

EDIT: The case was similar to this product also from Marware (If this is not the actual thing and they just changed its design since I saw it!)

EDIT #2: After a little searching the link in my previous edit IS for the product I saw at Macworld and yes, they changed the design a bit since then. The product won't release until the 17th of March!

I really can't wait that long and also I wouldn't want to buy a product that I havn't had feedback for and risk making the same mistake as I did the iSkin.

Hey, no worries. It was just a side note!

Hey, no worries. It was just a side note!

Sorry I sounded a bit aggressive in that last post, didn't mean to! honest!

Like I said DH. No worries! I was just throwing out products that I have been looking at.

No offense taken! :wink:

i donot like it.. i like the speakproducts.

Why don't you like it? Have you had personal experience with the product on which to base your opinion?

I was pretty pleased with the shield for my iPod mini. I would be happy if this product is of comparative quality. I really don't want to make another mistake. I need some money left over for my Mac Book Pro!

I baught one of Amazon and my initial thaughts are very good, I will provide a proper review later on.