Sign in to follow this  
oyah

My new MacBook Pro

I was in a Vancouver shop on Saturday (London Drugs, which, in spite of its name, sells tonnes of computers) and jokingly asked if they had any MacBook Pros. They floored me by saying they had two in the back! I bought it immediately. They said there have only been 64 MBPs shipped to all of Canada so far and that they got 8 of them. That sounds unlikely, but that's the story.

Quick review. I love it! But a couple strange issues.

First, I've got the noise that everyone's talking about.

Second, Safari is redrawing screens badly sometimes when I two-finger scroll. It's as though the screen has been cut into two vertically-divided pieces and then put back together unevenly. So instead of showing

maccast forum

it shows

ast forum

macc

It doesn't always do this, but it does it enough.

Third, the seam on the bottom right of the keyboard isn't quite sealed as much as it should be and occasionally grabs the hairs on my arm! (And I'm really not that hairy!) It hurts. Very annoying. I'll have to start wearing long sleeves more often.

So there you go. By the way, I've never had an iSight camera before and am very keen to try it, so if any MacGeeks out there want to chat about MBPs, get in touch!

i also have a mbp and it never has done that spilt thingy when i use the 2 fingre scroll.

i also have to agree that it is a great computer.

Mine does the split thing sometimes. Probably just a bug in the video driver, wait for 10.4.6 i guess.

Another problem I'm having is with Flash and Shockwave in Safari. Safari thinks I don't have them installed, but I do. I know I do b/c when I run Firefox I don't have the same problem.

Any ideas? I'm not sure this is a MBP problem per se, but it's something new since I got my MBP.

Another problem I'm having is with Flash and Shockwave in Safari. Safari thinks I don't have them installed, but I do. I know I do b/c when I run Firefox I don't have the same problem.

The Professor guesses that you have installed the freely available OS X download for Flash Player, or some other product of Macrodobe Admedia.

Your Safari is running native Intel, but the Flash Player you have installed is for PowerPC.

The Professor had this very same problem. See this thread.

Thanks Professor!

I hope it helps :-)

I have a question and a comment for you too. Is the Vancouver you mention the famously beautiful city in BC?

And I certainly do understand your comment in your signature about how lovely the iMac displays are, I mean, mine is so beautiful sometimes I just sit and watch as it displays some of my cycling photos in screensaver mode. It's just compelling, how lovely it is.

Yep, Vancouver BC. Funny weather today (as usual). Sunny one minute, grey the next.

I'm going to get Pacifist and see if it solves my problem. Thanks!