Sign in to follow this  
firebirdboi06

Annoying School Administration...

I never actually tried to use it before, but now that I actually want to, I'm kinda mad. My school has Expose turned off... :x

It'd be nice to get the full mac experience I want for once...

Is System Preferences turned off? If it isn't then HAHAHA. If it is, then try using terminal. I hope terminal isn't turned off either. With my school computers, I was the one who always went "around the corners." (Other people didn't know how)

eww kenny, youre cheap...

You dont know **** about hacking...and dont pretend you do..

What kind of moron uses turned off. You mean disabled Kenny? You are just a wannabe hacker. You don't know the first thing about the unix system, you are probably 8 years old, well thats the way you act. :D

Wow, I'm really feeling the love in this thread.

Actually I vaguely remember OS X Server having the ability to disable certain preferences on workstation macs, but I don't remember the details. I don't know if there's a way to get around those controls, but maybe there is.

it seems every one hates kenny, maybe you should take it to another forum. but if cant open the system prefs then maybe there is a way around it, trust me there should be one. like in user accounts my dad turned off safari and i opened it from a the digg widget so try looking for a program that opens up expose.

Alright guys, it's time to grow up here. I don't mean to be rude, but this needs to stop. Keep your problems with each other outside of the MacCast forums. It really isn't necessary to do it here. :)

Thank you.

All of the school Macs I have seen have Terminal, System Preferences, Console (I think, so the students cannot clear the log of what they hacked without hackong more :P) and the iPod Software Updater (for some reason) disabled.

my school district has created an image for all the comps that make it a lot harder to get around. i didnt think that someone in my district knew this stuff but they seem to have thought of all of the ways that i know how to get around what they block. it gets anoying. they even took the mouses away in the libray. you had to check them out, good thing they didnt disable mouse keys.