Sign in to follow this  
justinpatterson

I need a description

Is there anyway you could actually put a description of what is talked about on a particular show in the description field. it is extremely annoying when i am scrolling down through my podcasts and the all the maccast descriptions are the same. I have to listen to each one until i find the one i am looking for.

Love the show

Justin

What you can do is click on that little "i" -icon at the right-hand-side of the description (in iTunes) or - if you're looking for something special - use iTunes' search bar. This also searches the podcast's descriptions (for some reason unknown to me, Spotlight doesn't seem to do so...)

I never really thought about this, but you both bring up good points. The only problem I have is when I'm searching I'm using my iPod and not iTunes...

Sorry, got no iPod (yet). Can't help you there... :(

Justin,

FYI I do put a full description in the description field as well as the iTunes summary field, which is what you see in iTunes when you click the little "i' icon. What appears to be in the "description" column in iTunes is the info i put in the itunes:subtitle field. As far as I am concerned I am doing it right and Apple appears to be displaying the data incorrectly.