Sign in to follow this  
kensterator

Maccast-Time Length

Would you rather have maccasts more often that are shorter like 10 minutes, or maccasts that are long, but less often?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• 7 days:10 min each
    • 5 days:15 min each
    • 3 days: 23 min each
    • What it is right now
    • Once/week@70-80 minutes

Would you rather have maccasts more often that are shorter like 10 minutes, or maccasts that are long, but less often?

I prefer more often, but shorter, so I am able to pay attention to the details.

This poll seems like it should come from Adam IF he's actually interested in this information.

I'm a bit under the impression that Adam actually solicited this type of info through email in his early shows if I remember correctly. Ken, has Adam asked you to gather this type of info?

Also, Ken, if you are planning to start your own podcast, maybe you should format this question more generally.

Example:

---Which do you prefer?

---- 1) Frequent but shorter podcasts (5 per week, 10 minutes each)

---- 2) yadda, yadda, yadda

OR, is this poll just for shits and giggles?

If this poll is just for s&g, I prefer shorter more frequent casts, which is why I download several from NPR.

Just my take,

-Rob

Oh, no, I just wanted to gather data. I didn't want to be weird being th only one who likes shorter more frequent podcasts. I just wanted to know before I accually submit the suggestion to Adam.

I like it the way it is, but I would not mind a few "Breaking News" Editions.

I prefer the longer and complete episodes. Part of the whole MacCast is the time spent on listener help, comments, etc. That couldn't be done in 10 minutes, all you could get done would be News (if that!) in 10 minutes. If you want it shorter, you could always listen to it in sections, or get the eMacCast and listen chapter by chapter.

I think the way that Adam is doing it now is great. If he wanted to cut it to once a week and make it a little longer, 70 or 80 minutes, that would not be bad either.

I don't think I would like several small podcasts each week, though. I already cannot keep up with what I listen to now. :(

I like it as is. I have too many little podcasts. I go for a run twice a week for 30 mins, so its perfect for me...