Sign in to follow this  
sttrek341

deauthorizing all computers

how can i deauthorize all computers at once. i heard about this somewhere but forgot how i can do it? anyone got an idea? thanks

i thought it was in the account area but i cant see it, i see how many comps can play the music but theres no disauthorized.

Apple have a KB on this, but i must admit deauthorising all my computers has caused me problems in the past.

First of all I would take a look at the KB article http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93014

If this seems to be of no use to you (like it did to me) you can do what I did, that is email Apple via the 'contact us' form found in the iTMS support area requesting a deauth (it took Apple 2 days to action this for me)

i followed the all instructions and i cant see the button to undo them all. is this the right place?

picture10vl.th.jpg

good point..

I followed Apple KB and I also do not see the option, personally I would drop them a email

Weird, how come I am only allowed to authorize one computer? I signed up in February 2006. Is that the reason?

All you can do is either de-authorize ONE computer using the iTunes menu on there or de-authorize ALL FIVE computers. This only seems to work when you have 5 computers authorized....

I haven't run into this for awhile, but, I'm pretty sure the option doesn't appear unless you have 5 authorized.

Yeah, but I only have 1 computer authorized and iTunes is complaining that I can't authorize more than one computer.

this whole authorising thing sucks..

i enjoy getting music from the iTMS but it really annoys me, DRM, auto computers blah, blah, blah. Its my music, I paid for it I want to do what i want with it.