Sign in to follow this  
Robbiet480

RUN WINDOWS ON MAC! STRAIGHT FROM APPLE.COM

OS X is still protected, it's still windows

no, boot camp partitions the drive so you can't recognise the os x files on the windows side

Boot camp is the first step toward an integrated virtualisation solution (rumored for the Leopard Release) I think we can all agree that this is not far off. Parallels have their product which is offering Classic style XP integration right now! If this becomes widely adopted, and Apple can gain some more market share, I think more software developers will look at native OS X as a viable platform.

I've seen so many people talking about the end of OS X because you can run XP on the Mac. Thats crazy talk! I know a lot of people who are excited about running windows apps on their Macs, but not because they want a prettier windows box! People want to have NO Windows box! And if XP/Vista on the Mac, inside OS X, can be marketted at the home user domain then it will become the defacto standard for software development. The problem at the moment is that people dont have a Mac on their Desk.

I really hope that Apple see this opertunity, and actively promote virtualisation as a simple solution and taget the buget PC users with an offering that can compete.

personally i think it is great and will help many noobs make the switch and i think if your format the Win XP partition in FAT32 OSX can write to it.

listen to twit xp-mini madness episode and listen from 4-5th minutes and you will hear someone say "apple says they will not stop people from running window on an intel mac" and then dvorak says "you know why?, kos they're gonna do it themselves. see dvorak was right

and look, resellers are pre-installing windows xp on intel macs

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/ne...&wt.mc_id=10998

Fellas and Ladies-

I've been trying to make a slipstreamed install cd of Windows XP...the problem is, I have an upgrade cd. I've found a way to tuck the Win95 cd into the WinXP cd so I don't have to insert another cd.

I've been using this guide here

Here's the step in which I'm having trouble.

20: You'll need to download and compile cdrtools (http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrecord/) to get access to the mkisofs program. (Quick overview on compiling it: Download it, extract it, change into the directory you extracted it into, type make, wait for it to finish, then sudo make install).

I have not for the life of me been able to get this thing to compile. I've tried everything. The make command will not work, nor will sudo make install. What am I doing wrong? I'm almost there, I just want to be able to install xp so I can use my gradebook program. I would use my tower, but the power supply is gone. HELP! :!:

Nevermind. I used a Windows XP (pre sp1) upgrade disk. All I had to do was slipstream sp2 and some of the Win95 disk and it worked like a charm. It's weird because the CD would work in Boot Camp but not in Parallels. Odd...