Sign in to follow this  
bebe33

What kind of headphones?

Some advice please...

I would like to replace the earbuds my ipod video came with. Does anyone have the Apple in-ear buds? Are they any good (i.e. better than the standard buds).

The guy I spoke to at my local Apple dealer said they were totally rubbish and I should just get Sony ones. Now I don't know what to buy...

What are other people using??

i have owned both the Sony and the Apple 'in ear' buds.

The sony buds are much much better, for the money they are excellent ear buds.

you can Click Here for a in-depth review

I have the Apple in-ear buds and they are awful. They have absolutely no bass unless you position them in such a way that they form a seal in your ear. And then they don't sound very good either.

I like my Logitec Bluetooth Headphones.

Not only are they wireless, they have good sound too.

Might be a bit big for your preference.

-Rob

Also, they seemed to have fixed the cracking problem that has been widely discussed.

Hey I just got a pair of the Sony earbuds that Scotto mentioned. I had a pair of similar buds from Panasonic and I'm blown away by the difference. They really are great buds, and I totally recommend them!!

I was using Sony earbuds until they began to bother my ears. More recently I use Grado model SR60 headphones, which are so much better it is amazing.

For when I travel I have a folding pair of Sennheiser headphones which are also quite nice, although the Grados have better bass.

Both sets of headphones were gifts, and I believe they were quite expensive too, but the quality of the sound is so much better that I doubt I'll ever use earbuds again.

Thanks for all the help. That review of the Sony Fonotopia was great - these are the ones I was thinking about...I think I'll get them and gvie them a try :)

If your looking for earbuds with good price you should get these, MX500's from Sennheiser.

MacAddict rated them and said they were just as good as you standard iPod headphones, but had better bass and no signs of distortion at any volume. The price is also the same as the stock headphones that Apple will sell to you the MX500 is only $20. MacAddict gave a really, really postive view on them and I'm planning on getting them myself, but have not yet. Here's the website if you need it, http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=004854

I would suggest the white ones if your interested in matching your iPod (unless you got a black one)

I have the ER6i and they ROCK!

I have been soo impressed with these. Cuts out background noise & I get better battery life since I only have to run the iPod at 1/2 volume.

i love bose triport or quietcomfort2. they are expensive but i can never go back to the earbuds after using them. they just seem so lifeless. i can say that i've heard parts of songs that i never heard before with these. people used to say that on advertisements and i never believed them. but for me it actually did happen.

i've used the in ear apple ones and they were horrid. i couldn't shuv them in my ear enought, they would fall out. i tried the different sized cups to no avail.