Sign in to follow this  
JazzAddict

apps in itunes!

I was draging an app (YMail) into the trash, and while hovering the app over itunes I saw that green + icon that appears on the cursor when a file can be imported into the library. I released my mouse and a 2 second track got imported to itunes with obscure tags. I thought to myself "what, is this app gona try to convince me not to trash it." I listened to the track and it was a audio file contained in the app that sounded itself when I received an email from my yahoo acount. I tried the same thing with other apps, and it did the same thing; it extracted all the sound files in the app an added them to my itunes library. I thought this was cool. Is a tip? No. A trick? Maybe.

Peace

That actually seems to be a useful trick for, say, if you liked an app's sound effects and wanted to toy around with it to create something new.

Nice find.

Thats Cool.

You can also get all the mac error sound in Macintost HD>System>Library>Sounds.

If you also like the sounds in iLife '06 Like Waterfall go to Macintosh HD,Library,Audio,Apple Loops and in those 2 folders are all the garageband loops and iLife sound effects.

You can actually do the same thing with iPhoto. If you drag an application over it and drop, it will read the image files that it can out of the app contents directory and put them in iPhoto.