Sign in to follow this  
brandonphoto

Universal FireFox

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone had a chance to play around with the new offical universal binary of firefox that came out yesterday, 1.5.0.2 is version number and it is the offical release from mozilla. I'm using a 1.83 Ghz MacBook Pro with 2 Gb of RAM and it takes it five (5) bounces in the dock to luanch, everything else seems to be fast though. I'm curious to know how well or not well its running on others computers mainly the intel macs.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a standard configuration Mac Mini Core Duo and Firefox loads in (at most) a bounce and a half.

That said initially it did take longer, but it turned out that I'd downloaded the Power PC version and it was running under Rosetta.

Are you sure you're using the Universal Binary?

I have a standard configuration Mac Mini Core Duo and Firefox loads in (at most) a bounce and a half.

That said initially it did take longer, but it turned out that I'd downloaded the Power PC version and it was running under Rosetta.

Are you sure you're using the Universal Binary?

Yes i do have the universal. I have however noticed that after a few days it started to load faster and faster. Even after I have completly restarted the computer, so its not caching some the program to load faster during the same "session" so to speak or the same "up time". Its kinda of weird.

I think that OSX has some weird feature that caches apps even after you have turned the computer off. I find that if I have not used an app for a long time it takes several bounces to open, while if I have a frequently used app it takes .5 to 1.5 bounces to open. OSX never ceaces to amaze me.

I think that OSX has some weird feature that caches apps even after you have turned the computer off. I find that if I have not used an app for a long time it takes several bounces to open, while if I have a frequently used app it takes .5 to 1.5 bounces to open. OSX never ceaces to amaze me.

That would seem to make since. I've noticed that too, but always thought that I was just imagining things.....