Sign in to follow this  
NoKnothing

Adam has a Mac Mini

Welcome to the fold Adam. Hope it serves you well, I love mine.

Might I recommend:

www.byodkm.net (some will remember 'byodkm' from Steve's keynote)

www.123macmini.com

To answer your question; my PPC Mini has an external power brick with the dimensions of 1.5 x 2.5 x 6.5 inches (I just measured it for you).

How does that compare to yours?

-NoKnothing

I love my mac mini, its so small my dad forgets where it is.

loving the Mini. It is sooo fast. Just added a 17" Flat panel (cheap one) and I think I will be transitioning the Podcast studio over to it soon. Also still need to get Parallels installed.

Adam, I was kind of expecting an indepth review of moving to osx 86 on the maccast. Your experience of using rosetta and finding universal apps etc. :wink:

loving the Mini. It is sooo fast. Just added a 17" Flat panel (cheap one) and I think I will be transitioning the Podcast studio over to it soon. Also still need to get Parallels installed.

which display did you get? mine is going out and i might be in the market for one.

I highly recommend the Dell 17" Ultrasharp 1704FPT 17-inch Flat Panel LCD.

It's not the cheapest, but it's one of the best for color fidelity, even back-lighting, and options.

(There's a 19" version too).

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/Product...uctlisting.aspx

I use it for my primary monitor with the Mini. I have the mini plugged into the DVI port, and a dumb PC plugged into the VGA port. I toggle between them with a button on the front of the monitor.

The built in 4 port powered USB hub is a lifesaver. Two USBs would be inadequate without it. The monitor can tilt, swivel, lean, rotate, piroette, and swirl... lots of adjustability.

OK, that is all. Find a thread about LCDs.

-NK

wow 279, i have to tell my dad about it, mine just broke yesterday and now i have to use a 13 inch TV with 1024x768 whihc hardly shows anything.

Sign in to follow this