Sign in to follow this  
TacoOrtega09

12inch macbook pro would be nice.

I really hope that Apple would release at least a 12 inch core solo version of the mac book pro. If they dont, i might have to spring for one of the last 12 inch powerbooks.

I really hope that Apple would release at least a 12 inch core solo version of the mac book pro. If they dont, i might have to spring for one of the last 12 inch powerbooks.

I really like the 12" too. Every I talk to says they're no better than a 12" I-book... but I dunno... they really pack a lot into such a small footprint.

yea i think they're smaller too because of the keyboard width. i think ibooks have a little extra room.

yea i think they're smaller too because of the keyboard width. i think ibooks have a little extra room.

i think the keyboards are the same size, they just reposisition the speakers.

i dont think a 12" comp is very much of a 'pro' computer. dont most 'pros' want a bigger screen and more power? i would want that.

i dont think a 12" comp is very much of a 'pro' computer. dont most 'pros' want a bigger screen and more power? i would want that.

This is a good point. We haven't yet seen if there is a style revision on the iBook/MacBook so I don't want to sound too hasty but there is room for this should Apple feel it's worth it. I make this point because a lot of people prefer the small differences on the PB to the iB and with the Intel switch it's going to be easier to deliver more power for less cash. If the iB/MB could provide enough punch then the 12" PB/MBP could have seen it's last light of day.

Professional laptops generally require a large screen, bags of power and the ability to connect to at least one 23-30" display. If the iB/MB 12" could be powerful enough not to be a big step down, run all Apple consumer/prosumer apps and connect to at least one smaller display then I think it would serve well enough to rid the 12" PB/MBP.

i dont think a 12" comp is very much of a 'pro' computer....

That being said, I still believe that, as yet, the MacBook Pro isn't much of a pro unit. As far as the iBooks go, I develop ASP, Java, Perl, HTML, Javascript, PHP, and mySQL to name a few using my 12" iBook. It really depends upon the "pro" that you're referring to.

Being a digital artist who also writes code, I'd love a bigger screen, but the compact features you can't beat.

- MT

i dont think a 12" comp is very much of a 'pro' computer....

That being said, I still believe that, as yet, the MacBook Pro isn't much of a pro unit. As far as the iBooks go, I develop ASP, Java, Perl, HTML, Javascript, PHP, and mySQL to name a few using my 12" iBook. It really depends upon the "pro" that you're referring to.

- MT

Ah, thank you sir! My thouhts exactly. For something thats about the size of a pack of 300 count college ruled notebook paper (and only slightly heavier) the 12 Powerbook is just as capable as a 15" or 17" of the same class.