Sign in to follow this  
pieman

new spaeakers

hey all thinking about buying some new speakers i was hoping to get my fellow mac geeks help in deciding. i would like several things from my spaeakers

1. sound quality

2. look unique

3. and be under 150 pounds (english money)

thanks for all your help.

This sounds mad, but I really liked the sound of the JBL Creature II 2.1 speakers when I used them. They go for only £70 at Apple and available in black or white. Aside from that I have always bought Creative speakers and been really happy with them. There are tons to choose from, but try out ebuyer.com and consider user ratings, they are usually spot on.

i found them i decided to get the Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 Speakers these are available from the apple store.

thanks matt for your opinions they just didnt ;look unique enought for me but thanks to you.

what about some nice flat panel speakers? Anyone know of some good ones?

interesting thought they'd compliment my imac quite nicely. illl have a luck around

I would also recommend the JBL Creaure II as general computer speakers.

They are small, unobtrusive and can belt out a pretty good sound.

The other speakers I looked at were the Harmon Sondsticks II, which sounded a little better but were a little bit more pricey and bigger.

i second matt about ebuyer,got to be some of the best prices in the uk.I have brought lots of stuff from them

I was faced with a similar purchasing decision recently and opted for a set of Harman Kardon Soundsticks, which I got for about £110 from amazon.

Not only do they look good but they sound fantastic.

what about some nice flat panel speakers?  Anyone know of some good ones?

Check out the Monsoon iM-700.

i found them i decided to get the Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 Speakers these are available from the apple store.

thanks matt for your opinions they just didnt ;look unique enought for me but thanks to you.

I was evaluating speakers about a year ago and I can vouch that these are some of the best sounding ones in that price range. The JBL Creatures are good too, but in my opinion these sound better.