Sign in to follow this  
chibianh

iDisk public folder now web accessable

Apple has made .Mac public folder access much easier with the latest update to their .Mac service. Apple says, “We’re pleased to announce a new simpler way to access iDisk Public folders with a browser. Simply entering the URL idisk.mac.com/membername-Public now produces a page that automatically includes download links for whatever’s currently in membername’s Public folder. All you need to do is give the URL for your iDisk Public folder to the friends and colleagues you share with. They’ll see and be able to download whatever you put in there, whenever they visit the page.”

I heard about this this morning. I guess it's a good thing, I just don't know why I would use it ;)

I heard about this this morning. I guess it's a good thing, I just don't know why I would use it ;)

Now, I know you have your own domain, but for the rest of us, this makes large file transfer really easy, much more so than emailing through a bunch of servers that limit the size of the files that can be emailed. ;)

Now, I know you have your own domain, but for the rest of us, this makes large file transfer really easy, much more so than emailing through a bunch of servers that limit the size of the files that can be emailed. ;)

True, but it's still pretty simple to use something like yousendit or iChat. I don't know why but I really don't think it effects that many people. Still, options are a great thing.

I agree with Rob. It makes passing along large files to other people a little easier. I have tried YouSendIt. I was thinking they had a file size limit, though.

Yea... just checked... the size limit at YouSendIt.com is 2 GB. Of course, you know when I send those 10 GB files, I need something different. :roll: :mrgreen: