Sign in to follow this  
MacCast

Should we keep Podsafe music at the end of the MacCast?

Do you want a new music track at the end of the MacCast?  

184 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I want to hear new podsafe music
    • No, I'm not interested. Stick to Mac stuff.
    • No preference, I don't care either way. It's your show, do what you want.

I stop the show when the song comes, it's your show, do what ever you want

I generally stop the show when the music starts (well I see if I like it first). I said no preference, but as I see the poll is going, I know you're going to keep it :D

And if you don't like it... fast forward/stop

I was fine with all the music except when you did the christmas music. Oh, BTW, nice to see you back wwwilf wilson

i don't really like any of the music that is in the show so i never listen. i voted yes to no music but i don't really care because its easy for me to just hit the stop button at the end of the show. its not going to make me stop listening adam you are the BEST!!! :-D

Can people who vote no explain why? Because there is always a stop button.

I'm sure they can. But WILL they?

;)

Sometimes I listen and sometimes I don't, but I think it is really nice way to wind up a show, so I would prefer that the music stays

If you keep the music it would be better at the end, after the promos, since it's easier to skip over the promos to the podsafe music than the other way around. Plus, I'm more interested in promos (and I think they're more relevant to the show).

Yes! I don't always listen to the music at the end of the podcasts but its nice to get a little variety now and then. Not only that but for me it highlights the fact that mac users aren't just about the machine. There's more to us than meets the eye and music is one way of expressing our individuality!

:D

I think the music adds a unique part to the podcast. I voted no preference as a listener, but if I were the host I'd would certainly keep it in.

I subscribe to the enhanced version, so it's really no pain to skip ahead if I don't care to listen to it.

Its funny . . . I keep telling myself "this week, I'm not going to listen to the music - its podcasting, I can skip it, and I'd rather start listening to whatever is next".

But it is so easy to keep listening that the song usually draws me in anyway. :D I've listened to stuff I'd never hear otherwise, and I like it. So keep the music.

I don't see why we even have this poll or anybody would want to take off the music. It's at the end of the podcast for a reason! Those who want to listen, listen. Those who don't, don't. It's a good way to help the independant artists out.

Keep it! It's not doing ANY harm to anyone, and if they don't want to hear it, then skip it! Its a great way for publicity for bands, and besides, for those people who complain about it, the people who submit their music enjoy the maccast just as much, if not more than you! Be fair to everyone, I think it is a great deal to have the music on there.

I don't really listen to that part of the Maccast. But it has gotten better in the last few Maccasts. I think the Podsafe Network is getting some better artists exposed more so now than they used to.

I like the music at the end of the show, I mean it's part of the MacCast. It gives an artist / band a chance to reach an audience.

Some bands have been really good, for example: I purchased the Revive album by Steadman after hearing Sun Lotion on the MacCast.

:D

Yes! It gives a good end to a great show :)

I've found two of my favorite bands through this, Valley Lodge and Carmichael have both made sales as well as their way into my heart because of Adam. Plus I would never have heard Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton. I'm not saying I like it all, infact some I've downright hated, but the music is why this podcast always gets played above all others (next is TWiT) when I have a time crunch.

Edited by almighty_spork