Sign in to follow this  
nomore

Why do Apple try to piss off their customers?

I ordered a 17" MacBook Pro on the day it was announced. It arrived last Friday (12th May). Today, the price has dropped from £1999 to £1899. It's been available for only 4 days in the UK.

I will call them tomorrow to see if they will issue cash back, otherwise it's probably worth it for me to return it and then order another one.

It's not intentional. No one could have warned you at the time because only a core of people know about these changes. Apple are usually very good with this kind of thing and realize it's a side effect of their otherwise brilliant secrecy.

it doesn't make sense. They should release the product at a price which they know they will be selling it at. Obviously prices go down after a while, but 4 days is absurd.

It' sonly that way because of the way the commercial world works; the US first and the others follow suit as best they can.

I had the same thing happen a few years back. Apple made good by me. I suspect they'll do the same with you.

As Matt stated, this is an unfortunate byproduct of their stragtegy.

The 17" MacBook Pro was not introduced four days ago. It was introduced on April 24th. Apple has had 23 days to bring the product up to speed for production and adjust pricing. This is how marketing works.

Is it really worth the time you would be without that machine to send it back, wait for product to be shipped to all those who are in the queue now and then finally get one just for a $100 savings?

£100 = $184... and as I've said... it's only been available for 4-5 days in this country. Apple usually keep their price points static for months at a time, so it is not cool that the people who ordered first have to pay $184 more.

Apple saw sense and are going to refund the difference. Rock on!