Sign in to follow this  
jay

Zap PRAM with a Bluetooth Keyboard

Maybe a dumb question but how can you zap PRAM when using a Bluetooth keyboard? Since keyboard goes off during restart the regular way doesn't work at least on my system.

This is an issue that is fixed with Apple's Bluetooth Firmware Update which is available on the CD that came with the keyboard. This document outlines this well and this is the link to the download should you have lost your disk. This update is only for the D-Link USB Adapters (revision B2 or later), and Apple internal Bluetooth modules on PowerBooks, PowerMacs, iMacs, iBooks, and eMacs however, so if you have another Mac you will have to get back to me.

I'm going to also ask a dumb question -- is a bluetooth keyboard usable for entering safe mode and single user mode on a PowerMac G5? I normally use a USB-attached KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) but the G5 won't let me get into single user mode through that. I do have a bluetooth keyboard with my Mac but I don't use it normally.

As far as I can tell the Firmware update I linked to above basically swaps the native order of driver loading etc. to make the Bluetooth keyboard usable at startup. I don't see why it wouldn't work in any situation after that update.