Sign in to follow this  
DocArtemis

White versus Black MacBooks

:!: I am happy to report that my new MacBook arrived less than 4 days from when I ordered it from Apple. I ordered it about 4:30 PM (Central) Thursday May 18th and it arrived Monday, May 22 at 10 AM. It took less than 2 days to get from China to Alabama.

I got WHITE because I want my MacBook to look like a MAC.!

So I do not agree with all the whining about paying extra for BLACK. If you really want to have black bad enough to pay extra, fine, but don't complain.

Hi Doc,

I recevied my white MacBook last week which is great. Have not done much else but play around with it. I agree with you i would have ordered a white one even I had ordered the 2.0GHZ model. Like you i think the white is cool and it matched my ipod. I can also find it easily in the dark. :lol:

Mooner

I will also be getting a white MacBook come the end of the month. I have two reasons for this:

1. I am not willing to pay extra for the 2.0GHz model since there is very little difference in performance for what I will do with my new home machine.

2. I want white. I like the black, don't get me wrong, but I want white. I want it to match my iPod and I want it to be Mac as far as I can get it.

Personally I don't think the black is worth the money for me, but as I have said many times here; the extra cost for the black is justified for Apple on multiple levels. As you said above though; don't moan because you want the expensive model.

If you want a black laptop buy a dell.

If you want a white or silver laptop buy a mac.

Don't see why anyone out there would want to buy a mac just to have it be the same color as a normal windows pc? Also being silver or white people on the other side of the coffee shop or train know you are using a mac and immediately label you as someone who is open minded and can see things outside the box. With a black laptop people see you as another boring windows user.

;)

Also being silver or white people on the other side of the coffee shop or train know you are using a mac and immediately label you as someone who is open minded and can see things outside the box.

Oh please :roll:

Either that or they see you as a self righteous poser pretending to be someone they're not ;)

Also being silver or white people on the other side of the coffee shop or train know you are using a mac and immediately label you as someone who is open minded and can see things outside the box.

Oh please :roll:

Either that or they see you as a self righteous poser pretending to be someone they're not ;)

yeah it really does go both ways with some people... but mostly the diehard windows users at the local caribou before going to work and having only their laptop that their business gave them and windows is the only thing they know (scared of change)... i got the white though in a 2.0 GHz and my friend got the black. He had to bring it back though because the black started to chip away, so idk if it was just his or what.

What ever color you decide to buy the key to real performance is having enough RAM. Apple is charging something like $500 extra to go from 1 up to 2 Gig. If you try to run something like Parallels with 1 Gig you won't be happy.

Fortunately, it is really easy to change out the RAM cards no matter how technophobic your may be. Buy 512 and then get two 1 Gig cards off eBay.

I have a white one, it's because I couldn't afford the black one.

I dunno about you, but most knew Dell notebooks I see are silver....

And from talking to most people, a Mac is not the sign of an open minded person to them. They actually see someone who is closed minded (Microsoft =The Devil), and just runs in a cult (Steve Jobs knows all).

But most will meet the person and realize they are the same... a person, and just uses a Macintosh computer.

But most will meet the person and realize they are the same... a person, and just uses a Macintosh computer.

but deep deep down that person knows that our machine is superior

but deep deep down that person knows that our machine is superior

no, most people actually don't care, all they care is that it works, and if their Dell works for them, then that's great.

The whole superiority complex that most of the Mac community has is bad.

Sure OSX is better, but it's not the be all and end all of computing. Windows is not nearly as bad as alot of Mac zealos make it sound.

I will also be getting a white MacBook come the end of the month. I have two reasons for this:

1. I am not willing to pay extra for the 2.0GHz model since there is very little difference in performance for what I will do with my new home machine.

2. I want white. I like the black, don't get me wrong, but I want white. I want it to match my iPod and I want it to be Mac as far as I can get it.

Personally I don't think the black is worth the money for me, but as I have said many times here; the extra cost for the black is justified for Apple on multiple levels. As you said above though; don't moan because you want the expensive model.

and the big glowing apple on the back of the screen does nothing? (i always notice the big glowy apple :) and while i have used a Mac on and off its the Pompus "ours is better" aditude of the mac cmomminty that has been a turnoff from the whole mac experance. infact the mac Comunity could learn alot form Ubuntu linux's community have a look around the Ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/ youwill find no Ours is better coments just storys from happy users (and lets face it thire system rocks) while Mac os my have it beet on a features leavle Linux has everything aginst the wall on a Phisasphical leaval

my whole phlosaphy on the matter chuse the best for you

if your a gamer windows

if you do media get a mac

if your a scientest Use linux i dont care wahat you say the Mach microkernel of OSX sux for scientiffic computing

but the benchmarks will talk http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/macosx/

Edited by dusanyu

Sign in to follow this