Sign in to follow this  
RobinTibbs

MacBook cases

anyone know if there are any neoprene "sleeve" cases specially made for the new MacBook (13.3") yet? I'd lik to carry it to work with me, but dont want it knocking against the rest of the things in my bag, so a sleeve i could just slide it into to protect it would be ideal.

many thanks in advance

I've been looking around for cases lately as well. There are a couple of threads on Apple community forums in which some people have posted up links to a whole bunch of bag and case vendors with macbook stuff. The case that I REALLY want is by Vyper, but doesn't ship till Aug 23rd apparently, so in the meantime, I think I'm going to get one by Biolithic.

Check out this link. Gives you an idea of a few different vendors.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=295885

Best of luck.

muchos gracias :)

ordered myself a blue cord foof sleeve, sexy stuff

http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

I love radtech, and I'm sure this new macbook sleeve is no less amazing than their other products. It is shipping in 10-12 business days but is available for pre-order.

they look nice too, but theres something COOL and fun about the foof bags :)

muchos gracias :)

ordered myself a blue cord foof sleeve, sexy stuff

Your comment made me curious, so I tracked down the foof bags at their source of origin in the land Down Under.

Did you mean that you ordered the half light blue half tan corduroy foof bag? That's the one I ordered, they do look verra nice.

What I want is the Vyper, but I can't wait till it ships in August:

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1409

I'll probably order the bitolithic in the meantime, and then sell it when the Vyper arrives.

http://www.bitolithic.com/bags/index.htm

Those radtechs look nice, but they don't appear to offer any shock protection at all. I need something just a little more robust.

yes professor, the half tan/half blue sleeve :) it is very nice. its being made at the moment

I just bought a Crumpler and I have to tell you, I LOVE this bag!!

GunMetal-Black-Grey-KarachiOutpost.jpg

It holds my MacBook super tight, it has enough room to hold all of my other gear, it's 1/2 the size of my Wenger when it's on its side and it stays firmly on my back. I can't say enough good things about it.

- MT

i already have a laptop backpack, plus my work shoulder bag, so i just wanted a sleeve for a lil extra protection

There are a ton of thermal sleeves being sold. I don't know if Crumpler makes one or not, but I'd definitely check your local Apple reseller.

- MT

I just bought a Crumpler and I have to tell you, I LOVE this bag!!

It holds my MacBook super tight, it has enough room to hold all of my other gear, it's 1/2 the size of my Wenger when it's on its side and it stays firmly on my back. I can't say enough good things about it.

- MT

crumpler stuff looks kinda expensive. is it worth it? i really dig their camera/laptop bag. i am willing to invest in it if the bag will hold up and protect my stuff. i figure a $180 bag is worth it to protect $3000 worth of equipment.

I paid $150 for the bag. As I was playing with it, some guy next to me was like, "Dude, I love that bag. I beat the heck out of it all the time" which is good to know. It's lightweight, it works and it protects my stuff. I can't ask for anything more, especially when it comes to a laptop.

- MT

I paid $150 for the bag. As I was playing with it, some guy next to me was like, "Dude, I love that bag. I beat the heck out of it all the time" which is good to know. It's lightweight, it works and it protects my stuff. I can't ask for anything more, especially when it comes to a laptop.

- MT

well, i guess i know where the first part of my tax return is going. thanks matt.

I'm telling you, it's been the best case that I've ever bought. The interesting thing was that I guess it's "intended" to use the XL size but we used the L size instead. It's a little tight, but I like it that way. My suggestion is to try both sizes at the store. I'd rather have it nice and snug versus bouncing around.

- MT

If you want a simple shoulder bag, get a brenthaven metro. I think apple has it.

Im looking for a backpack type case. I dont want to pay much, so if someone has an old one for about twenty bucks, PM, email, or AIM me.

Just ordered the bitolithic. Will hopefully have it in a week or so. If it's everything I need, I'll just keep it. If not, it'll be for sale in early September when I get the Vyper case. haha. Keep your eyes peeled! :wink:

I received my Foof Bag today, all the way from the Land Down Under. I'm very pleased with it, my expectations were exceeded. I have blogged about it and posted photos here.

Prof

I'll probably order the bitolithic in the meantime, and then sell it when the Vyper arrives.

Those radtechs look nice, but they don't appear to offer any shock protection at all.  I need something just a little more robust.

bilothic looks like a radtech copy-cat

Those radtechs look nice, but they don't appear to offer any shock protection at all.  I need something just a little more robust.

th Vyper has no handle..... it is a plain sleeve!

Yes, and so is the bitolithic. That's what I'm looking for: something I can just slip into my backpack, or more likely, my tank bag for my motorcycle.

Get the Brenthaven one for the MacBook. It rocks!

When I got my MacBook, I just continued using the Brenthaven shoulder bag that was designed for my TiBook. The dimensions of the TiBook and MacBook are pretty close, so there's only a slight gap when I slide the MacBook into the sleeve. If you can't find something you like specifically for the MacBook, TiBook cases apparently fit pretty well too.

Yes, and so is the bitolithic. That's what I'm looking for: something I can just slip into my backpack, or more likely, my tank bag for my motorcycle.

apple has a neprene sleeve for thee macbook, at their stores. It made by incase i believe. i bought it yyesterday with my shiny new mac book.