Sign in to follow this  
alexsantos

Will Apple change the Mac OS icon?

Just a thought and they are my own so please to jump to conclusions. The Mac OS blue dual face has been around since at least Mac OS9. Does any believe Apple will eventually - sooner than later, change the logo as they are going through a host of revisions due to the Intel switch?

I doubt it... and my reasoning is exactly what you said. The Mac OS face has been around for a very long time... I believe it was even before Mac OS 9. (I haven't booted my Mac II with Mac OS 7.5 in a while so I can't remember). The face has survived the transition from the Mac OS 9 (and earlier???) days into the OS X transition and I don't believe that just since Apple changed their hardware that they would change the icon for Finder.

this would be like macdonalds dropping the golden arches it would be a huge mistake as people associate the mac icon with apple.

no, the apple face is one an apple "icon". everyone knows the apple face icon, even those non-tech people. just like the windows icon is to everyone

Maybe an updated look but it will remain essentially the same. It has actually been in use since system 7.

yeah maybe, it has been icandyed a bit

Macos-original-logo.gif

mac_logo2.jpg

200px-Mac_Logo.png

is it me or is the Finder's icon for Panther have a wider and have a larger smile? That freaks me out sometimes because it looks happy and angry at the same time. Mabye this is just me? Does anybody else see that?

finder.jpg

10.4finder.jpg