Sign in to follow this  
Macman5123

Mighty Mouse Problem

Has anyone had this problem? i have a mighty mouse and once in 2months the scroll wheel won't go up or down, never both. Now my scroll wheel only goes up, not down. now i have to use the arrows to go down.

Take an cloth with some alcohol on it or water and gently clean the ball. DO NOT USE A SOAKED CLOTH, but lightly dampened.

- MT

Are you using tiger and the included CD software?

Maybe a preference is set wrong or on an older system it needs software update for compatibility.

Of your mouse could be dirty :)

press the scroll wheel down and move up and down quite fast that will dislodge any dirt (its the way apples says to do it and it works everytime for me)

That works. Eventually it stopped worked, I tried water to clean it and that ruined it so don't. :D But I got it replaced under warranty.

I have an iMac and it came with it. I'll have to try the cloth and water but very very little.

the cloth didn't work. i'm just gonna return it. i've got AppleCare

Sorry to hear that. Yes, I'd definitely try and return that.

- MT

This happened to me too. I just got a replacement. The Mighty Mouse is a piece of junk. Will someone please tell me why I'm still using it?

This happened to me too. I just got a replacement. The Mighty Mouse is a piece of junk. Will someone please tell me why I'm still using it?

Because it was free with purchase of iMac?

If you dont want it ill take it :)

I don't understand why people don't like the mighty mouse. It looks just as slick as other apple mice but it has 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. It's great especially for photoshop where you can scroll in any direction. I bought one for my home computer and stole one from a new imac [from another user in the office] for my work computer. The only thing that can be hard is people who sit down expecting a one button mouse [they don't know any better and have always used macs] will get really confused and fustrated, but if you are used to a 2 button mouse it's great.

I don't understand why people don't like the mighty mouse. It looks just as slick as other apple mice but it has 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. It's great especially for photoshop where you can scroll in any direction. I bought one for my home computer and stole one from a new imac [from another user in the office] for my work computer. The only thing that can be hard is people who sit down expecting a one button mouse [they don't know any better and have always used macs] will get really confused and fustrated, but if you are used to a 2 button mouse it's great.

I do not like how it does not have 2 seprate buttons. That annoys me.

Intersting, thats why I like it. It still looks good but it has 2 button functionality.

Intersting, thats why I like it. It still looks good but it has 2 button functionality.

Also on the Mac I am so used to Ctrl Click so I do that instinctivley.

As I was saying about anybody not wanting theit mighty mice :)

I happen to like two bttons and a scroll whell, although the mighty mouse is awkward. I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it :)

I have a 6 button mouse. My Logitech MX 310 buttons are configured:

* left click

* right click

* shift click

* cmd click

* option click

* exposé - all windows

For me, more buttons == better. Also, the newer models have tilt wheel scrolling, which does horiz. scrolling somewhat OK.

The Mighty Mouse looks great but functions poorly. The right click doesn't always work on the first try and the scroll ball seems a bit buggy too. Also, the side buttons are too easily pressable. I ended up turning mine off.

The Mighty Mouse looks great but functions poorly. The right click doesn't always work on the first try and the scroll ball seems a bit buggy too. Also, the side buttons are too easily pressable. I ended up turning mine off.

I always turn the side nuttons off, they are easily pushed by acident as you mentioned plus what do I need them for. I have never had an issue with the right click or the scroll not working though and if you did you probably just got a bad might mouse.

I always turn the side nuttons off, they are easily pushed by acident as you mentioned plus what do I need them for. I have never had an issue with the right click or the scroll not working though and if you did you probably just got a bad might mouse.

Ditto!

I've used one for over 6 months now and always smile to myself when I read of people whingeing about having difficulty with the right click! It's easy and foolproof if it's used properly - take the left finger off before you right click!

I've had my Mighty Mouse for about 9 months and never have I had trouble with the scrool and/or right click not working. Either people are using their Might Mice incorrectly or there are a lot of defective ones out there.

I love my Mighty mouse. It took me a bit to get used to right clicking on the Mac, but now it's second nature and I don't do it that much anyway.

Re: people complaining that the squeeze buttons are too easily pushed. I have not experienced that either. I've had tehm set to a few different functions but have never accidentally activated it. I find I have to squeeze quite deliberatly to activate it.

What I'd like, is to assign a "previous page" function to the squeeze buttons. This would greatly enhance my web browsing. Sadly, the only solutions I have found involve paying $20 for a software that does much more than I need it to when all I want is one tiny function. Come on Apple, release an update for the Mighty Mouse!

All things considered though, the Mighty Mouse is the best mouse I have used. The only complaint I have (aside from the previous page thing) is that it's priced too high.

I was surprised when I went to the Apple Store recently. All of the Macs on display of course have the Mighty Mouse. I began using the Mighty Mouse without even thinking about it. It was like using any other mouse. Granted, I'm used to a two button mouse. It's all I've ever used.

But mice, it seems, are like everything else -- different strokes for different folks.

Squeeze button is fine, though should probably be slightly harder to push but isn't that bad.

The mighty mouse is a good mouse. But I'd rather have 2 seperate buttons, touch senstive stuff soemtimes doesn't work depending on where you put your finger, if it's too high up the mouse it won't detect the click properly.

The scroll ball is very cool but too unreliable. It does provide a far smoother scroll and fully directional scroll so it's much better than a scroll wheel in terms of usability.

Does anyone have any experience with the Icemouse by Macally. That's one I have seriously considered getting in lieu of a Mighty Mouse.

My current mouse is a cheap Labtec from Walmart.

Does anyone have any experience with the Icemouse by Macally. That's one I have seriously considered getting in lieu of a Mighty Mouse.

My current mouse is a cheap Labtec from Walmart.

If you are going to get a cheap mouse get the basic microsoft optical mouse. http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=008

It works better than any other cheap mouse I know and it's even cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16826105165