Sign in to follow this  
firebirdboi06

Switching: The Firebird Story

Well everyone, after months of "hmm"ing and asking of questions I have finally bought my first Mac. I grabbed for myself a 17" iMac with a gig of ram and a 250 gig HD. I also went ahead and grabbed a subscription to .Mac and an iPod Universal Dock. Yes, I'm hoping to make at least one site.

I'll be adding thoughts as they come to my mind up until... I'd say 2-4 weeks after I actually have had the Mac on my desk.

My only gripe thus far? With all of the anticipation I have now, it seems like an eternity. But it should be here by next thursday.

Awesome! With a Mac you can start making a website as soon as you take it out of the box! lol

I know you're excited. Welcome to the Apple family! *group hug!*

i have to say that when i am waiting to get a new comp i usally have a problem with waiting.

Well, I've had the iMac for a couple days now, and I am loving it. Everything just runs and easily out-performs everything I've used in the past. Even while running some PowerPC apps, I don't notice any slower responses vs. Universal apps.

I've begun digging into some of iLife, and have created my own site at http://web.mac.com/stephen.huston

I'm also hoping to test out my iSight in iChat sometime, so please, by all means, hit me up for a chat!

Congrats man, make sure you let me know when you are online and we will have to hook up.

Yep... congratulations on the new Mac. I have been a Mac user for just over a year after using Windows based machines for the past 18 or so years.

It has been wonderful as you have already found out.

I have even gotten my son hooked on it. I asked him the other day what kind of computer he would want; one like mine or one like his grandmother has (Windows). He said he wanted one like mine. He is seven. :)