Sign in to follow this  
zephmode

A podcast of 2 women arguing Macs vs. PC's

I think the ONLY people who are qualified to debate PC vs. Mac are people that are fluent in both OS's. Of course, you'll find more Mac users who fit that description because 1) we live in a Windows world and most of us are forced to use PC's sometimes whether it be at work or school and 2) many Mac users have switched over from PC's. I'm just so tired of the PC users that have NEVER used, let alone seen a Mac and think they are knowledgeable enough to debate something that they have absolutely no experience with. I mean come on, the PC lady's first argument was that there is no spell check on a Mac? Why didn't the Mac lady tell her about Office for Mac which in my opinion is better than its PC counterpart? It just really bothers me when people make false accusations bred from ignorance and argue it like they know it for a fact. Whatever, let them use their crappy, ugly systems.... and I was a PC user for MANY years before switching a year ago so I'm allowed to say that :D

I have used Windows since I was 5, I am now 14, and just switched recently. If you had asked me if I would ever buy a Mac I would have gone into a whole debate why Windows is better. I probably would have said this because the schools I went to were a little slow at updating their Macs, so we were stuck with OS 9, and I had never actually used Mac OS X. I must say OS 9 was pretty bad, just my opinion. But the more and more I started to use OS X after they updated, the more I realized how much this is better than Windows. This goes along with iLife, because for me making movies and listing to music, etc is more important than getting spyware.

Now, if you asked my what I prefer I would say Mac. Simply because I know enough about Windows and know how to compare it to Mac OS X and show whoever I am "persuading" how bad Windows is and how much better Macs are.

Sounds like an interesting debate. How do I listen to it. I followed the link but couldn't find the play button...I think I'm just being dense as usual...

B

There is a little speaker icon next to the word "Comments", click it. And the person who is defending the PC is retarded.

Ugh the PC lady is such a moron. "PC's are better at word processing" OMG! it's a freaking program! Mac have pages, text edit, and word, all of which have spell check.

"I like research and writing." Yep, and you can't do that on a Mac :roll:

I am so furious because I can't scream at that stupid PC lady for her retarded points. GAH

She can't even quote the commercial correctly. She thinks "the Mac" said "I can listen to podcasts", when he really said "Create Podcasts." I do have to agree with her on one thing about that, for the few people who want that good for them. But I don't want to make a podcast. But I like everything else.

Ugh the PC lady is such a moron. "PC's are better at word processing" OMG! it's a freaking program! Mac have pages, text edit, and word, all of which have spell check.

"I like research and writing." Yep, and you can't do that on a Mac  :roll:

I am so furious because I can't scream at that stupid PC lady for her retarded points. GAH

I know! You have no idea how much I wish I could shut her down on every imbecile point she brought up. And she thinks you can't communicate with PC users if you have a Mac. What a joke. I just LOVE listening to ignorant, uninformed people debating something they don't have a clue about. The fact that her argument didn't go beyond spell check and communicating with PCs just shows that she doesn't really know a whole lot about computers in general, let alone distinguishing differences between operating systems. The worst part about the debate is that even the Mac girl didn't know much about Macs and so she did a poor job of articulating why Macs are better. Whatever, I'm getting all worked up over nothing. If the lady is that dumb, let her use a PC. lol

Oh and another thing, apparently the PC lady doesn't even know that the company that makes Macs is APPLE! She thinks the company is Mac! OMG listening to this makes me want to tear my hair out one at a time until I'm bald!

the pc lady takes the ads as an insult. shes going more crazy than a vegetarian seeing a KFC commercial!

Well, the ads are fairly inflammatory toward Windows and its users. So was the Intel ad. It's a bit understandable why people would get defensive of Windows when Apple pulls stunts that make them feel they're being accused of stupidity for using Windows for years. Rather than being stupid, most people just lack information because they don't troll around tech news sites all day like us. You'd be amazed how many people see my laptop and had no idea Apple existed after the Apple II. Heck, a lot of people don't even realize Apple makes the iPod.

Anyway, 5 or so years ago if you had asked me if Mac or PC was better, I would have said PC. And I think I was right. Macs were still nice, even OS 9 has its simplistic elegance, but technologically it was a dinosaur. Apple knew it, they tried to replace it with Pink and Copland. I think the users knew it too, which is why all but the hardcore believers bailed on the platform. Had it not been for OS X, I would not have switched, and the Mac might still be in the toilet. Amazing how Apple went from dinosaur to looking back at Windows and laughing seemingly in an instant (though backstage OS X had been in the pipe for years of course).

There is a comment feature on that page if you really wanted to reply to her. I did my part. Don't know if she'll read it but at least I tried.

Yeah, she is soo funny. Spell checking. hahaha. what a silly thing to raise up as an issue about OS's.

The thing is.. i was pretty amazed at her knowledge of macs vs. pcs's. I believe she is your average PC user, so this is why Macs are still a minority... because the majority is still un-educated about macs (or technology in general). Mac fans, we've got a lot of work to do!