mac user X

Canon Printer.

Which Canon printer and scanner is the best? I can spend 50 to 120 dollars (probably more but I don't know).

I love my iP4200. But it is just a printer.

i have an i475d, but those are no longer made. I also like the iP4200. For a scanner, try the LIDE 35. I have used both, and i love them.

Why only canon and what will you be using it for primarily?

for printing and scanning.

Is that what a printer does? I have been kicking it and pushing buttons but never been able to type on it, guess everything makes sense now. :)

What I meant was are looking for a photo printer or an office printer? What type of paper do you ussually print on? Are you looking for a multi function or two units? Will you want to scan film? Will you want to scan documents larger than a standard piece of paper? Why did you want only cannon?

Is that what a printer does? I have been kicking it and pushing buttons but never been able to type on it, guess everything makes sense now. :)

What I meant was are looking for a photo printer or an office printer? What type of paper do you ussually print on? Are you looking for a multi function or two units? Will you want to scan film? Will you want to scan documents larger than a standard piece of paper? Why did you want only cannon?

I geuss just a basic AIO and will probably get the cheaper one. And my friend loves his Cannon.

I love canon myself. Read my post way up there for recommendations.

Has anyone here got any experience with the Canon MP530 or MP830 all-in-one models with MacOS X? I'm specifically interested in either connecting it to my Windows PC and printing over the LAN from the Mac, or connecting it to my Mac and printing to it over the LAN from the Windows PC. I am also interested in the scan functionality from over the network. When I was first looking into these things, I'd read that Brother actually had the best OSX support for network scanning but the Brother printers just seem so flimsy whereas these Canons look quite sturdy.

Thanks in advance,

Don Eitner