Sign in to follow this  
macxpert1

Need Help, installed boot camp with SP1

I was using an xp disk that I was told was SP2 but it was really sp 1 when I realized it I stopped installation. Did not even install windows, cancelled out. Now when I boot hold option key, only choice is windows. Anyway to get mac os volume back???

Please help!

I would just reload mac osx using the restore/install disk that comes with your mac. Other than that it was probably just a bad install. Try re-using boot camp on a fresh install so u know that you are installing into a clean enviornment. Hope im not pointing out the obvious. I have a very good grasp on that

Put it in Target Disk Mode (boot the computer up while holding T, will not work if you have an Open Firmware password) and try to get all of the data from the Mac partition onto another Mac (connect them with a Firewire cable) before just wiping the disk and doing a reinstall of everything from the Mac OS X install disk.

The reason I am telling you to just start over is that I have had issues with corrupted or nonexistant bootloaders will Linux and Mac before, and I can tell you that the chance of you ever being able to boot onto that partition again without a reinstall is basically 0... but the data still exists on the partition, even the system and everything, you can get it off and back it up (I hope), just not boot from it.