Sign in to follow this  
James

Itunes videos/movies...

Does anyone know what format the video ipod uses to play videos and what app you use to convert to that format?

I tried importing a video clip this morning that was MP4, and itunes converted it to an ipod acceptable format but seems to have forgotten the sound on some of the converts. The clips play fine in iTunes.

I use Handbrake to rip dvds into the correct format, and iSquint to get my home movies done.

I found this link useful for setting Handbrake up correctly:

http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/

I couldn't get iSquint to move the files to iTunes (or didn't see them turn up) and I still had to "Convert for iPod" for the movies and that seemed to just strip the sound track off the files. Is there a setting that I missed?

The starting files are just .mov files. I think the mpeg files transfer ok - I'd have to check again.

I had the same problems with MoviePod.

i use isquint and it is the fastest i have used on my macbook, and its good quality

The Final Cut Studio package will do this for you. However, it's by no means worth getting just to covert files to iTunes. If you happen to have access to it, it is a pretty self explanatory and easy operation.