Sign in to follow this  
buckdog

What to do with old Mac Classic?

I have an old Mac Classic sitting around that no one is using. Any suggestions on how to put it to use?

I don't know, run a webserver off of it... otherwise, use it for old software that you have and don't want to waste.

You could sell it.

Why can't it be a Mac Classic II?! I bought a Mac Classic II at a garage sale for $7.50, but I know something's wrong with it and I suspect the motherboard, but it could be something else (when I boot it up it either comes up with a checkerboard screen or vertical lines). I think I would have bought that off of you, but noooo it had to be a Mac Classic, didn't it? Hahahaha

Maybe you should just keep it...

I love my classic, it was my first computer. Mine has pride of place in my living room. I would never part with it. I'm hoping that one day old mac equipment will be like museum pieces and my children can sell and make a bomb. I still have the original manual and software. I also have an old powerbook imac and ibook for the same reason :)

I have heard of people removing the screen and making it into a fishtank. Sounds cool to me! :)

I don't know, run a webserver off of it... otherwise, use it for old software that you have and don't want to waste.

A webserver on a Mac Classic? Mac Classics have 30 MGs of HD space. You must be confusing it with something else...

Man, I would hate to gut it and make a fish tank. I'll probobally just save it, although I have an old Powerbook (1991) to use for classic.

I might buy it.

Sweet, I'm going to try that! It is worth gutting the Mac. Now if I can just get those darn industrial screws off...

Just make sure you put the tweeters (the little speakers) on top.

It doesn't look like the old speakers I have even have tweaters.