Sign in to follow this  
jackt

Experiences with Apple Support

What has your experience been like with Apple support?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Bad
    • never got the same product back

Having read a fair few horror stories about macs coming back from the support centre in a mishapen mess. Just out curiosity what your experiences have been with apple support good bad or a life changing experience in a bad way

jack

You should add an entry for those of us who have not had to deal with Apple Support as of yet. ;-)

My experience was fine. The guy wass helpful and took me through all the simple troubleshooting stuff step by step which I found really useful (this was when I got my first ipod)

My experience was great! My iMac's logic board died due to a known issue with a circuit on it or something. It's a known iMac issue though. Setup an appointment at the Genius bar, brought it in, was told that it was a production flaw and it would need to be repaired, and I was handed a nice bill that had $799 or so crossed out, and $0 as the new total. They repaired it in two days and it was good as new once I got it back.

I've only had to call AppleCare support once in 2+ years of owning a Mac. They were not able to fix my problems (2 issues with my G5 tower) and gave me authorization to take my it in to have the logic board replaced. However the Apple Genius at the local Apple store refused to take the machine until they tested it themselves (meaning I wasted an hour on the phone with AppleCare).

Now curiously the Genius was able to pinpoint the problem as bad RAM, which the AppleCare guy was either not able to determine with over-the-phone directions or did not think to have me check) and one of my two problems has gone away. The other is a minor issue that I can live with (the SuperDrive tray ejects by itself during bootup about once every 6 or 7 power cycles -- not warm reboots, only on cold restarts). So I gave a vote of Good on this poll.