Sign in to follow this  
jfjelstrom

iPhoto Library

Help! Something is going on with my iPhoto library.

When I open iPhoto 6.0.4 my library is incomplete. Only years 2002 to 2004 are present. When I navigate to ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library, only folders for 2002-2005 show up (along with other misc. files), but drilling down in each of them give no images. Just the year, month, date, then empty.

However, in the Originals folder (~/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals all my data is still there.

The wierd thing is my back-up drive shows the same thing. I just used iPhoto the other day and everything was fine.

Thankfully I have everything also backed-up to CDs, but I could really use some help on how to get my complete library back.

First thing I would try would be to spotlight my entire iPhoto library (in Finder) for all images. Make sure they are all there. If that's an okay then try deleting the .plist file and restarting iPhoto. If this doesn't work then you will want to rebuild your library; I'd just re-import all my photos at this point because it would probably be easier.

The entire library is incomplete, but the entire library is in the Originals folder. Deleting the .plist didn't work. Any tips on rebuilding the library? Should I delete the existing photos then import from the Originals file or my backup?

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the help. I just re-imported the library. I haven't had any problems since then.

First thing I would try would be to spotlight my entire iPhoto library (in Finder) for all images. Make sure they are all there. If that's an okay then try deleting the .plist file and restarting iPhoto. If this doesn't work then you will want to rebuild your library; I'd just re-import all my photos at this point because it would probably be easier.

Hi, I notices this tip you gave that helped someone else with the same problem I am having (I accidentaly deleted all my photos but they seem to be still in the iphoto library file but when I try to re-import them back into iPhoto as you mentioned I just get this message:Unreadable Files: 1 The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Hi, I notices this tip you gave that helped someone else with the same problem I am having (I accidentaly deleted all my photos but they seem to be still in the iphoto library file but when I try to re-import them back into iPhoto as you mentioned I just get this message:Unreadable Files: 1 The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Make sure all the files your are importing are image files and they are not write protected and not 0kb in length.