John

.Mac renewal

I'm thinking about renewing account by purchasing through Amazon at $20 off. However, package comes in DVD-ROM format, which my poor old computer may not be able to read. I've noticed in renewal form on my account that it gives you the option of buying elsewhere and then filling in code proving that you've purchased. I'm wondering if that may be all I have to do. Anyone know?

I'm thinking about renewing account by purchasing through Amazon at $20 off. However, package comes in DVD-ROM format, which my poor old computer may not be able to read. I've noticed in renewal form on my account that it gives you the option of buying elsewhere and then filling in code proving that you've purchased. I'm wondering if that may be all I have to do. Anyone know?

there is no DVD or CD for that matter in .mac it is a manual and a piece of paper with the acivation code

jack

on the topic of renewal, but slightly different.....

My .mac account expires in 7 days. I will only be able to renew it in 2 weeks. Question: will I be able to renew with my current .mac ID in two weeks? Or will Apple wipe out my account on the 7th day? Thanx.

on the topic of renewal, but slightly different.....

My .mac account expires in 7 days. I will only be able to renew it in 2 weeks. Question: will I be able to renew with my current .mac ID in two weeks? Or will Apple wipe out my account on the 7th day? Thanx.

There is a grace period, I can't remember what it is though. If you let it expire they suspend it until you renew it, but I'm not sure what the time frame was.

roog