Sign in to follow this  
TacoOrtega09

File requesting administrative access

My roommate gave me this program he said he got from someplace called Bit torrent? It's supposed to be ok, but when i go to install it it asks for "Administrative of higher level access" and I'm not too keen doing that just incase something could get jacked up.

Should I just ignore this?

What is the name of the app? I would do a full backup and then enter the password.

Adobe photoshop 7

Is this durring the installer (if any) or is this happing while running the app?

It is in the installer. I also found out that it's not 7 it is CS 2. The white cube with the colored feather on it

You should do a backup just in case but all software asks for the password if there is a system installer.

Ehh...I just decided that it's not worth it and I'll just go buy it.

Photoshop will ask you for a password when you install it whether it's bootleg or not. It's a bit more complex than the average application and needs access to add things to the system. Of course, the right and moral thing to do would be to buy it either way...

If you don't know what bittorrent is, your not sure if you have Photoshop 7 or Photoshop 9, and you don't know why photoshop is asking for a password to install. You should just buy it. That being said Photoshop is damn expensive for casual use. Maybe there a less complex/less expensive program that would fit your needs.

If you don't know what bittorrent is, your not sure if you have Photoshop 7 or Photoshop 9, and you don't know why photoshop is asking for a password to install. You should just buy it. That being said Photoshop is damn expensive for casual use. Maybe there a less complex/less expensive program that would fit your needs.

Photoshop CS2: $650

Photoshop Elements: $80

Bittorrent: Priceless

There are some things your money can buy. For everything else there is bittorrent.

lmao haha yea that's what my cousin said until he got his crap jacked up from a virus (Windows obviously). But what's the difference between photoshop elements and photoshop?

lmao haha yea that's what my cousin said until he got his crap jacked up from a virus (Windows obviously). But what's the difference between photoshop elements and photoshop?

Elements has less features.

Elements does not include:

* CMYK and LAB color modes

* More tools and features that work with high-bit (16-bit and 32-bit) images

* Combine multiple exposures to create high dynamic range (HDR) images

* Channels Palette

* Recording custom Actions (for batch processing)

* Adjustments: Curves, Color Balance, Match Color

* Layer Masks, Layer Comps, and Quick Mask mode

* Smart Objects, Smart Guides

* Lens Blur Filter, Smart Sharpen Filter, Lens Correction Filter

* Vanishing Point Tool

* Pen tool and paths palette

* Some adjustment layers (curves, color balance, selective color, channel mixer)

* Editing History Log

* Text on a path, advanced text formatting

* Advanced Layer Style manipulation

* Advanced Color Management

* Advanced Web features and ImageReady (rollovers, slicing)

* Customizable tool presets, keyboard shortcuts, and menus

* In the features and tools that are shared, the Photoshop version usually offers more advanced options for fine tuning and control.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop...entscompare.htm

Elements has less features.

To be exactly correct we should say that Photoshop Elements has fewer features, since they can easily be counted.

Less is used for differences not expected to be enumerated, while fewer is correct when counting is likely to be possible.

For example, I might drink fewer cups of coffee with less sugar in each one. However I intend to keep drinking just as many cups of coffee as I do now.

Honestly I'm not trying to be difficult, it's just that I'm a writer by trade so I take these silly little things seriously. I hope I have not annoyed you, sir.

Basically, if you don't know what the stuff on that list is, you should just get Elements. If you do know, you can make a cost:benefit analysis for yourself as to whether they're worth $620. Probably not. That's why I still use my educational copy of Photoshop 7 on my Macs, and a bootleg of 6 my PC.