Sign in to follow this  
mkp

iTunes 5

What do you guys think might be in it? A movie store [i doubt it]? More customization?

Who knows, Apple might be reading this.... speak your mind!

If we do not see them before 5.0, I would like to see a good overhaul of the podcast interface. There is a lot of things that need to be tweaked.

I bet we see something to do with video as well. Although Steve Jobs says that there will not be a video iPod, I think it is just a matter of time. It would be fantastic and the next logical step in the progression of the device.

Another nice feature to have would be wireless transfers, maybe via Bluetooth.

I think there should be an Indian iTMS. They would make a whole bunch of money off that thing. More from Indians in America than in India, since you can get an entire Album there for Rs.55 [uSD$1.25], but i think it could really take off.

I would like to see a good overhaul of the podcast interface.

H311 yeah.

What do you guys think might be in it? A movie store [i doubt it]? More customization?

Who knows, Apple might be reading this.... speak your mind!

I hope the new iTunes [5] would have automatic album artwork for importing CDs. But the buying movies will probobly be for iFlicks or something like that.

It seems likely that iTunes 5 will be released with the 5th gen iPod.

Who knows!

It seems likely that iTunes 5 will be released with the 5th gen iPod.

Who knows!

yes, which may have video playback, making a movie store more likely

It's possible... I mean, if I manage my music videos in iTunes, and then have to make a duplicate just for the audiofile to listen in iTunes....

silly.

I bet we see something to do with video as well. Although Steve Jobs says that there will not be a video iPod, I think it is just a matter of time. It would be fantastic and the next logical step in the progression of the device.

Well, I heard somewhere that Apple was looking at Intel chips to possibly power iPods. And, new processer might mean new iPod. New iPod could be a video iPod. Call it a iPod Video, or viPod, or vPod. I'm just thinking up some random names! :o

It would be really nice if they let me have podcast playlists. I hate having to pull it out every ten minutes so I can play the next podcast. Just want that days downloads to play and play.

It would be really nice if they let me have podcast playlists. I hate having to pull it out every ten minutes so I can play the next podcast. Just want that days downloads to play and play.

This is possible right now in iTunes 4.9.

Drag your shows into a playlist and you're golden.

Works on the iPod with "On-the-Go" as well!

Since Podcasts are stored outside the main library, I'd like there to be a kind of smart playlist that works only within the podcasts.

I hope Apple is looking at this post, that would rock! --I also mean about the Smart Playlist that allowed PodCasts in.

Since Podcasts are stored outside the main library, I'd like there to be a kind of smart playlist that works only within the podcasts.

Not sure how relevant this is, but I've found that once you "select all" in Podcasts, and drag the selection to make a new playlist, and then delete the new playlist, the iTunes-downloaded podcasts will then appear in any smart playlists you've set up (inluding when synced to iPod). This is the Windows version of iTunes 4.9 (am I allowed to mention that here? :wink: )

Not sure how relevant this is, but I've found that once you "select all" in Podcasts, and drag the selection to make a new playlist, and then delete the new playlist, the iTunes-downloaded podcasts will then appear in any smart playlists you've set up (inluding when synced to iPod). This is the Windows version of iTunes 4.9 (am I allowed to mention that here? :wink: )

That's because when you dragged those podcasts to a playlist, it moved them into the main music library.

I don't agree with that, I think that the podcasts are always stored in the library, i havn't done any of that, and they have hsowed up in my smart playlists, they are just in the genre of "Podcast"!

I don't agree with that, I think that the podcasts are always stored in the library, i havn't done any of that, and they have hsowed up in my smart playlists, they are just in the genre of "Podcast"!

I'm talking about if you use iTunes 4.9 to download podcasts. Third party clients work differently.

In iTunes 4.9, the podcasts are not in the Library. If you have an older model iPod that does not have the separate Podcasts section, then the podcasts will be synced to a Podcast smart playlist.

An interesting note on the aforementioned video iPods:

Whereas Jobs had previously flat-out denied the "iPod Video", in a recent interview on the ABC News podcast called "Shuffle" the following exchange took place:

TAPPER: When are we going to see a video iPod? And what are the other future developements for the iPod?

JOBS: Well, you know us; we never talk about future products.

So there was no outright denial as there had been before...which may mean absolutely nothing, of course.