Sign in to follow this  
jackt

wireless mighty mouse

hopefully they fixed the 'problems' with it.

i still use a logitech lx700 on my mac, the application switcher button on the mouse is somethig i'm not willing to ever give up.

*button mapping done with usb overdrive

as far as problems witht the mighty mouse i can think of only one that isnt down to personal preference, the scroller sticking from time to time.

I am a massive fan of laser mice, i have a mx1000 on my windows machine, if the battery life is anything like that it will be well worth what it eventually ends up costing in the UK the store still hasnt updated.

jack

as far as problems witht the mighty mouse i can think of only one that isnt down to personal preference, the scroller sticking from time to time.

I am a massive fan of laser mice, i have a mx1000 on my windows machine, if the battery life is anything like that it will be well worth what it eventually ends up costing in the UK the store still hasnt updated.

jack

I couldn't agree more. I can't wait, in fact I already have my order placed with a friend in the US "Just in case..."

Why is it not available in the UK!!

Oh and can anyone send me one from the US?

I called the Apple Store in Regents Street, London. The bluetooth Mighty Mouse will be available in-store tomorrow morning (Wed 26th July) and will cost £49. I assume it will be in the on-line store soon.

I feel like a retard. Of course as soon as I heard the news, I jumped online to find where I could buy one. There are two Apple stores in San Diego, but my job is not near either of them so I pulled up CompUSA.com and I got all excited about ordering one for pick-up during lunch....Well I got back and opened it up, and ... it was missing something ... like a scroll ball. Because the price was close to Apple's ($65 vs $69) I thought I was saving money to boot, but alas I bought the old bluetooth non-mighty mouse. What an idiot. It's going back of course, and I'm off to the Apple store.

I have been using a wired mighty-mouse ever since I bought a G5 iSight iMac and I've been pretty satisfied with it. The ball sticks occasionally and it can produce a few confused right vs. left clicks, but overall I'm used to it and find myself phantom right clicking on my other no-button mouse, so at least now I can feel at home on both.

Perhaps, rabbit...perhaps.

i am getting annoyed it is on the UK frontpage but not in the store why does apple frustrate me so?

jack

'Rabbit'??!

Oh well, it is now available in the UK store, so us limeys need not continue to moan!

5-7 bloody days though!! :wink:

its taken a day but ive ordered, should be here in a couple of weeks.

jack

Just wondering, does anyone think that the new wireless mighty mouse might ship as standard with new iMacs? They used to come with a normal mighty mouse, but since all new Macs come with Bluetooth anyway it would be great if they did offer it. What do people think?

So I went out to an apple store yesterday by 5pm hoping to grab one before they're gone and find out 'that was just announced today'. Gee. They predict they would be in the store by Friday (7/28) or Monday (7/31).

Just wondering, does anyone think that the new wireless mighty mouse might ship as standard with new iMacs? They used to come with a normal mighty mouse, but since all new Macs come with Bluetooth anyway it would be great if they did offer it. What do people think?

apple will not offer the wireless mighty mouse with the iMac as standard, they dont do it now and it is unlikely they will do, it will be offered as an option.

jack

I'll be visiting the new 5th Ave Apple Store in New York City this Saturday, and will definitely be picking up one of these!! As long as they still have some in stock, that is...

Only Apple could make a big front page deal over releasing a 2 button bluetooth mouse. While I'm glad the single button no-scroll Pro mouse is finally, thoroughly dead, I don't see this as a very big deal. Apparently neither does Apple since they just slipped this one out without bothering to wait for the Stevenote.

Only Apple could make a big front page deal over releasing a 2 button bluetooth mouse. While I'm glad the single button no-scroll Pro mouse is finally, thoroughly dead, I don't see this as a very big deal. Apparently neither does Apple since they just slipped this one out without bothering to wait for the Stevenote.

2 button mouse? Depending on how you count, the Mighty mouse has between 3 and 5 buttons.

While I will miss the elegant simplicity of the standard Apple Mouse, it's quite easy to get used to a scroll ball. I'm really looking forward to my new mouse! (Of course, i will be sure to disable the "right-click" function, if it's enabled by default, lest I feel like a Windows user)

considering the original mighty mouse was an awful piece of crap that choose style over user ability. i dont think the bluetooth version is anything to write home about same old logic just with bluetooth.

its crap avoid at all costs.

considering the original mighty mouse was an awful piece of crap that choose style over user ability........

Bit of a sweeping statement - with no explanation!

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

considering the original mighty mouse was an awful piece of crap that choose style over user ability. i dont think the bluetooth version is anything to write home about same old logic just with bluetooth.

its all a matter of opinion, i have used laser, optical trackball and tablets and i find the mighty mouse to be on of the best mice i have used. The only two extra features i ever wanted were Laser and wireless.

jack

I love my wired mighty mouse and in fact decided, despite lots of yelling at me by my photog friend, to purchase a wired mighty mouse over a wireless legacy mouse when I bought my macbookpro. I have been eagerly awaiting a wireless version and now that it's out I can't wait to get one.

I never understood why people don't like the mighty mouse except for people who are really used to one button apple mice and can't seem to figure out where to click for right and left buttons.

I just looked at ebay and there are a lot of "like new" wired mighty mouse for sale all of the sudden.

Mostly I think it's because it's a virtual second button rather than a real one, and it works in an odd way. You have to lift your finger from the left side in order to get it to register a right click. There was a dissection of it when it first came out to discover how it worked, and it turns out the sensor on the right isn't even connected to anything. The only way it figures out if you clicked left or right is whether or not you're triggering the left sensor by having a finger there.

I played around with it in the Apple Store some, and it would require me to modify my mousing behavior, but it's nothing big to overcome. Besides, there's only a few things in OS X that I use right click for anymore, like saving pictures on websites or changing my desktop background. Most of the time there's a faster keyboard shortcut for what I want.

I don't think the Mighty Mouse is a bad mouse, but I don't see anything terribly special about it either. Adding Bluetooth to it is sort of a "duh". The Bluetooth Pro Mouse was the only pointing device Apple had without right click ability now that the 'Books have the two fingered trick.

The other thing we shouldn't forget is the laser. The optical mice I have had from Apple have all been a bit dissapointing on the tracking front.

I have got used to using a piece of copy paper as the surface for my mice. I hope that the laser one will be a little more sympathetic to wooden desks.

Just picked one up. My impressions:

- The mouse button behavior is the same as the wired one, though the right click seems more responsive to me.

- The tracking is very accurate for a wireless mouse. It still has that very slight lag that comes from a wireless mouse, but it's very smooth.

I'm very pleased with it. The power button for the mouse closes over the emitter on the bottom but that's about the only physical difference other than the little green light just next to the emitter that shows the mouse is actually alive. With it being laser the emitter doesn't emit any visible light.

i didnt like it it wasnt responsive enoughe the buttons were fiddly (lower ones) the track ball (the nipple) just stood out like a sore thumb.

it didnt click as statisfyingly as i would have liked the right button very rarely wrked. wouldnt work if i had any pressure on the left had side. it just wasnt a mouse wasnt nice to use too fiddly and ocurward to use. thats why i dont like it give me my logitech anyday.