Sign in to follow this  
Legolover64

Macbook Volume - Too Quiet

I had this problem with the school's G4 iBooks, and now my new Macbook suffers...

It's too quiet! I have all the volume settings at full, but I'd still like some louder noise out of this computer.

Any tips?

are you talking about through the speakers or miniplug out?

Through the speakers.

Obviously, plugging in external ones would help, but is there a little hack to make them louder?

I would imagine increasing the speaker volume much would result in blown speakers and since they are built in that would be bad. I would suggest plugging in external speakers. You might also look at buying an airport express which would allow you to plug whatever stereo you want into it and play itunes wirelessly.

no the only way to get higher volumes out of them would be to use external speakers or a mplifier. speakers cannot go any higher than there intended wattage you can get external speakers quite cheap now.

I just want to agree that the Macbook is too quiet. I could barely hear the DVD I was watching on my friend's macbook. I would make sure I had external speakers if using the macbook as a desktop replacement. Virtually all notebook speakers are junk, but Apple could try harder to shine above everyone else, like they do with many other aspects. Eh, just a rant there.

Through the speakers.

Obviously, plugging in external ones would help, but is there a little hack to make them louder?

DONT HACK IT!!! my friend figured out how to do it a week after he got his black macbook and it blew the speakers and apple care told him its his own fault and wont replace it... so just get external speakers

I agree with the others, don't go trying to push more output from the MacBook's speakers. They're just tiny little buggers built into the vents on the back. I haven't yet seen the laptop with really good sounding speakers. Even on a 17" machine, you're still looking at some pretty teeny speakers. The MacBook is a small laptop so its speakers are even smaller. If you're in a noisy environment, just grab a pair of earphones. They'll be louder and nicer sounding than any laptop's built in speakers.

I agree with the others, don't go trying to push more output from the MacBook's speakers. They're just tiny little buggers built into the vents on the back. I haven't yet seen the laptop with really good sounding speakers. Even on a 17" machine, you're still looking at some pretty teeny speakers. The MacBook is a small laptop so its speakers are even smaller. If you're in a noisy environment, just grab a pair of earphones. They'll be louder and nicer sounding than any laptop's built in speakers.

definately, in fact i am on the hunt for the perfect speakers for my macbook/powerbook/ipod

http://www.maccast.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php...p?p=49324#49324

i made this last night and if you have suggestions please please please let me know, these are the first speakers i have bought for my mac so I am open to anything