Sign in to follow this  
m0ng

Ibook G4 + tiger = Short battery life?

Ive heard a lot of stuff about Ibook users who've upgraded to tiger and subsequently have experienced significantly less battery life.

Im running panther on my ibook, and would like to upgrade and get all the benefits of tiger and newer version of safri and so on, but I have put it off because I dont want to reduce my ibook's battery life and portability....Has apple done anything about this in the new update? Is there anything they can do?

Mine is fine as well. I get about 4-5 hours with my screen dimmed all the way, and nothing has changed with Tiger.

I've recently upgrade to Tiger and I've notice that the battery runs out faster. Maybe 20% to 30%. Does anyone knows if there is any tweak or something to do to get the same battery life that I had with Panther?

Have you considered that maybe it is unrelated, since everyone seems to be saying that it isn't an issue?

Just make sure you have the screen brightness turned down a little, even a cople of notches makes a big difference.

Just make sure you have the screen brightness turned down a little, even a cople of notches makes a big difference.

Absolutely. It seems to me that last notch before full adds a lot of extra brightness. When I run my screen on just one notch under full, it gives me about 30 minutes longer battery life.

Just to add another good report, I have had no issue with battery life on my iBook after the Tiger upgrade either.