pieman

what would you save?

ok a simple question for you all. your house is on fire you ca only save one thing what would that be.

disclaimer all your loves get out a live included animal s wifes girlfriends.

My ipod. It has all my pictures and my important files on it. And my podcasts!

B

my external harddrives. it has a clone of my mac and lots of important stuff.

it said only one thing.

it is one. i partitioned a 500g drive.

I must have accidentaly pressed "s"

i fixed it.

A folder I have with important documents, birth certificate, passport, voters registration, car title, etc.

I'd take that, and I'd have my wife take the iPhoto backup DVD. Or I could begin to keep that DVD in the above said folder.

Everything is backed up so all the important files are at the bank on a lot of dvd's. I would save the Macbook, considering that it's on the third floor that might not be the best idea, so I saves the guitar :D or an origonal woodstock poster.... decisions decisions...

That is a pretty good question, pieman. I was going to say my family, but you covered the obvious items with the disclaimer.

So, after a lot of hard thought and roaming around the house, I hate to admit it, but if I could only save one thing other than my family and myself, I would save my Dell laptop.

It contains all my personal financial information as well as everything that has to do with work. If I had that, I can still function financially and at work.

Everything else is replaceable... yes... including my Power Mac. I would just have to get a new Mac Pro! :rolleyes:

I almost forgot... as my laptop stays in its backpack with my iPod in the side pocket, I would also save my iPod. :lol:

Edited by kwsanders

That is a pretty good question, pieman. I was going to say my family, but you covered the obvious items with the disclaimer.

So, after a lot of hard thought and roaming around the house, I hate to admit it, but if I could only save one thing other than my family and myself, I would save my Dell laptop.

It contains all my personal financial information as well as everything that has to do with work. If I had that, I can still function financially and at work.

Everything else is replaceable... yes... including my Power Mac. I would just have to get a new Mac Pro! :rolleyes:

I almost forgot... as my laptop stays in its backpack with my iPod in the side pocket, I would also save my iPod. :lol:

Guitar or money stash dependin' on how much money is in the stash!

I would put all of my favorite possestions in a box and take the box!

if we are cheating now then i would save my house by not starting it on fire so that i could only save one thing.

My PowerBook G4. I've spent the better part of 3 years sitting in front of this thing (I'm on it now) and since it's always in the messenger bag charging if I'm not using it (along with the iPod from the wall charger and of course the cell phone) I'd be able to just grab the bag and get out. Since we are cheating now, I'd get my arsenal of fire extinguishers and attempt to put the damn fire out before I start grabbing stuff and letting my house burn.

Myself things can be replaced.

things may be replaced but data can not.

Well I just got my Mac so there is not a lot of anything of high value on it now. I'd probably take my car, as it's the most expensive thing I own. But I don't know if that counts. It's in the garage, so...

I'd probably take my saxophone. It's a Selmer Series III and it costs more than my MacBook, plus I love playing it. It will last forever, unlike my computer. After that though I'd take my MacBook.

I'd take the fire out, I think that would solve the problem! Thats lateral thinking for you.

Sorry

No I'd take my grab bag which has my macbook pro in it and some VIP papers.

You are so predictable!