miky

left handed mac user

I just got a two buttons mice today and I'm a left handed mice user.

I got no problem with the mighty mice, since I just use one button.

While I plugged into the two buttons mice, just realized I couldn't swap the left/right button. Can anyone help to swap the buttons?

Thanks,

Michael

If you have a Mighty Mouse, you can make the right side of the button Primary click and the left side of the button secondary click. I remember that OSX has the advantage over OS9 that it a two button mouse doesn't require a driver, but it seems that Apple gives you no way to swap the buttons of 3ed party mice. You could try installing any drivers that came with the mouse, I think some MS mice come with some Mac drivers.

Have a look at the documentation that came with the mouse, they often come with a driver or something that allows you to change the orientation of the mouse.

jack

Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately, I got a 3rd party mice, the company called PureOrange.ca, I checked their website, they only have windows driver... sigh

maybe I wanna keep using the mighty mice.

Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately, I got a 3rd party mice, the company called PureOrange.ca, I checked their website, they only have windows driver... sigh

maybe I wanna keep using the mighty mice.

return it and get the wireless mighty mouse... its amazing and i love it

I just got a two buttons mice today and I'm a left handed mice user.

I got no problem with the mighty mice, since I just use one button.

While I plugged into the two buttons mice, just realized I couldn't swap the left/right button. Can anyone help to swap the buttons?

Thanks,

Michael

There is an option in the mouse preferenes to reverse the primary and secondary click.

I just bought myself a Microsoft wireless notebook Mice, which is nice... :lol: and I can switch the left/right button.

You needn't have baught yourself the mouse, there is a preference pane in the keyboard and mouse prefs which allows you to change the primary button to the right.

You needn't have baught yourself the mouse, there is a preference pane in the keyboard and mouse prefs which allows you to change the primary button to the right.

which is only worked for mighty mice, not 3rd-party mice. I wanna have a real 2 buttons mice, it seems ms supports mac well... :lol:

It worked for me. Although I am using a ms mouse I didn't need to install any drivers for that pane to appear. Do you have a older OSX or something?