chet

Spotlight

28 members have voted

1. 1. Has Spotlight Revolutionized the Way You Use the Computer?

• Yes. I rarely browse for files.
    • It would if it had [x] improvement
    • No, but Quicksilver has.
    • No, I use my Mac just like I did in Panther.

Spotlight is a lifesaver when I need it, but I've found I still use Finder to browse for stuff even though it could be found with Spotlight. I thought I would use it more. I'm curious how others use it and of course improvements that are made tomorrow at the Leopard Preview.

I rarely ever use Spotlight anymore.

i only use spotlight to open some apps that i dont have on my dock.

i only use spotlight to open some apps that i dont have on my dock.

Revolutionise is a strong word, but it has changed the way I use the computer. It is definately my favorite feature of Tiger. I laugh at PC users when they spend 10 minutes searching their Hard Drive for one file when my MacBook can find any file faster than I can type it's name. I use it open all the applications that arn't in the dock. I also use it find all the parts of applications when I uninstall them.

It hasn't revolutionised the way I use my computer, but using my computer would much harder without it.

Revolutionise is a strong word, but it has changed the way I use the computer. It is definately my favorite feature of Tiger. I laugh at PC users when they spend 10 minutes searching their Hard Drive for one file when my MacBook can find any file faster than I can type it's name. I use it open all the applications that arn't in the dock. I also use it find all the parts of applications when I uninstall them.

It hasn't revolutionised the way I use my computer, but using my computer would much harder without it.

i turned it off

i turned it off

Really you should explain instead of just saying that, but I'm not a mod. So feel free to tell me to shut up!

i turned off Spotlight for 2 reasons

1. Memory useage Spotlight is cool and all but the sevice uses up a bit of ram.

2. serch mechonisems such as spotlight bother me in a tecnical leavle. keeping a cashe of keywords for documents takes a bit of drivespace. inorder to save space Spotlight uses a word discrimination system and deciding what words to cashe and wich not uses quight a fewe processor cycles.

but i have admited i am not your typical mac user and spend 90% of my time in the command line

I don't like spotlight too much. It doesn't give you the files you want right away. I think quicksilver is better.