cherry su

Mac vs. Pee Cee

8 posts in this topic

I always get this question from PC users. It really pisses me off, so can someone give a reeeally solid answer that will [definetly] get the die hard PC fanboy to switch to Mac? I love my MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Classic, and my 2 iPods. Windows things are too plain and boring.

"If Mac OS X is so great, then why does Windows have 90%+ of the OS marketshare?

This question haunts my dreams too... :angry:

its because bill gates only has one talent that is buying and selling companies for his gain and removing the compitition werever opssible and bundling its apps to comanies see AOL.

jack

its because bill gates only has one talent that is buying and selling companies for his gain and removing the compitition werever opssible and bundling its apps to comanies see AOL.

jack

Because the crappier product always gains the most marketshare!

Apple has such a small marketshare because they made a very bad decision at the begaining. That was to license parts of the Mac OS to Microsoft which later hurt Apple's lawsuit claiming that Microsoft stole parts of Apple design. It may not put Apple in such a good light, but at least it is true.

Apple has such a small marketshare because they made a very bad decision at the begaining. That was to license parts of the Mac OS to Microsoft which later hurt Apple's lawsuit claiming that Microsoft stole parts of Apple design. It may not put Apple in such a good light, but at least it is true.

And that is why it is so exciting that we're seeing (I believe) a resurgence . Additionally, it makes it that much more important that Apple "do it right", and slowly, this time.

jack

and Apple isn't doing this?? I think every feature that was just announced in Leopard another smaller dev makes a similar or exact app for Mac OS X.

I always get this question from PC users. It really pisses me off, so can someone give a reeeally solid answer that will [definetly] get the die hard PC fanboy to switch to Mac? I love my MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Classic, and my 2 iPods. Windows things are too plain and boring.

"If Mac OS X is so great, then why does Windows have 90%+ of the OS marketshare?

This question haunts my dreams too... :angry:

Here's a quote that has some relevance:

1991 - NYT Article -

DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. (New York Times)

------

Here's a quote that has some relevance:

1991 - NYT Article -

DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. (New York Times)

------

That is an awsome quote!!!