Shadofax

Seen the Light

I just graduated high school and I will be attending college this fall. Every college student pretty much needs a computer, so I got my white 2.0GHz MacBook as a gift. Why didn't I get a PC? About a year ago my best friend switched and bought an iBook G4. I didn't even know what Macs were back then. I then came to see how awesome his Mac was and how cool Mac OS X is, and just a little earlier my other friend bought a Mac mini G4 that ran Panther. I would always go and mess around with their Macs and then I knew I had to get one. Graduation would be the perfect time. So, I stuck it out another year with my Dell (still a great PC), and FINALLY got my MacBook in the end of June. At the same time another friend got a white MacBook and the one that had the Mac mini upgraded to a black MacBook. Another friend is switching to a MacBook in a week or two, and now my girlfriend wants one too. So pretty much all my friends are making the switch from PC to Mac within one year. Pretty cool. Now we can video conference when we are away at different schools.

I got some pretty sweet "Back to School" deals when I got my Mac too. My sister got an iPod nano out of it, and I got $50 off Microsoft Office and a free $100 HP printer. I made out like a bandit.

I love my Mac and OS X. I think it's easier to use than Windows.

I have one LITTLE problem with my MacBook's built in keyboard. The "page^" arrow key does not lay flat like the other keys. It's somewhat angled up. I think it's just not on all the way or something. It works fine and I don't think it touchs the screen when my MacBook is closed, but I still would like to fix it if I can. Does anyone know anything about taking keys off keyboards and putting them back on? Maybe if it's not that hard I can fix it. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

take it into the apple store, they re-designed the macbook's keyboard so its different than the easy powerbooks keyboard. just take it in and it should be a quick and easy fix for them.

take it into the apple store, they re-designed the macbook's keyboard so its different than the easy powerbooks keyboard. just take it in and it should be a quick and easy fix for them.
I wish it were that easy. For me the nearest Apple Store is 1.5 hours away in St. Louis. I bought my computer online.

that is a little more difficult... i have 3 apple stores within 20 (closest is about 5) minutes here so im just used to running over quick. umm, i wouldnt open it (past taking out the battery and memory docks) because ive heard that it can void the warranty and apple care. im looking at my macbook and it seems like the keys can just pop out but i dont want to try it on mine <_<