therookery

Mighty Mouse Software?

We've just returned from vacation in Florida with a great new wireless Mighty Mouse we bought in the Apple Store at the Florida Mall.

My problem is I left the installation CD in our house in Florida, thinking I would not need it again. Obviously as soon as I tried to set the Mighty Mouse up on my iMac at home I needed the CD to be able to install the advanced System Preferences such as defining what all the buttons do.

I've looked on the net and cannot find a download link for the software. Anyone any idea how I might proceed or a link to a download please as I'd love to get the right click back and ditch my old Microsoft mouse.

Thanks

John

We've just returned from vacation in Florida with a great new wireless Mighty Mouse we bought in the Apple Store at the Florida Mall.

My problem is I left the installation CD in our house in Florida, thinking I would not need it again. Obviously as soon as I tried to set the Mighty Mouse up on my iMac at home I needed the CD to be able to install the advanced System Preferences such as defining what all the buttons do.

I've looked on the net and cannot find a download link for the software. Anyone any idea how I might proceed or a link to a download please as I'd love to get the right click back and ditch my old Microsoft mouse.

Thanks

John

You could ask a friend to upload a disk image of the CD to bittorrent or even send it over AIM or something.

I don't know anyone with a Mighty Mouse :(

You could ask a friend to upload a disk image of the CD to bittorrent or even send it over AIM or something.

I don't know anyone with a Mighty Mouse :(

Perhaps somebody on this forum does. Try posting that in the items wanted section.

i have one, but i dont know how to send it. walk me through the steps and i would be happy to.

i have one, but i dont know how to send it. walk me through the steps and i would be happy to.

You will need some software to create a disk image from a C.D. I know that Toast can do this. I think there is a trial version of toast if you don't have it.

Can you drag the application off the C.D onto the desktop?

If you can, all you will need to do is get each other's iChat/Aim screenames and send the file to each other. I can't imagine the drivers being very large.

if you can't you may need to use alternate methods of transfering the disk image such as bittorrent or Peer to Peer. You could try downloading the trial version of Acquisition and send the file to him using that.

Don't forget to zip it up to reduce file size.

Good luck!

k, i need ur ichat name

nevermind, i cant get it to work, my toast keeps shutting down

you can create a DMG of the CD useing Disk utility

howto http://creativebits.org/mac_os_x/creating_disk_images

usually OSX won't let you create a disk image of an Apple CD in disk utility. maybe it is different for drivers, but i tried to back up app's before and it wouldn't let me. you shoud be able to download it from Apple's support page.

Edited by lunchbox