The Dead Herring

Genie Or Scale?

Genie, Scale, or Other?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Genie, Scale, or Other?

• Genie
    • Scale
    • Other

So my interest in stastistics has got the better of me once more. This time I would like to know what effect you use for minimising windows.

Also what does everybody think about this new look for the forum. Is this the new Phbb? It's solid and got rid that annoying thing where if you closed the window it would mark all the topics read. Shame it doesn't have a spellchecker.

Why didn't you add a poll to the post? I do use Genie, by the way.

between the two? Neither. I like "suck". Type in:

defaults write com.apple.dock mineffect suck

into terminal and then log out of your user account. Log back in and it'll be enabled!

I suppose if I had to choose, it'd probably be genie.

between the two? Neither. I like "suck". Type in:
defaults write com.apple.dock mineffect suck

into terminal and then log out of your user account. Log back in and it'll be enabled!

I suppose if I had to choose, it'd probably be genie.

I use suck too. It uses the least CPU power.

Why didn't you add a poll to the post? I do use Genie, by the way.

I did, I put in two poll questions. I must have posted it by accident and used the back button to edit the post, silly me. I will add one now.

Suck is pretty cool, I like how it changes depending on where the window is around the dock. Are there any others that I should know?

Edited by The Dead Herring

I did, I put in two poll questions. I must have posted it by accident and used the back button to edit the post, silly me. I will add one now.

Suck is pretty cool, I like how it changes depending on where the window is around the dock. Are there any others that I should know?

Suck is the only hidden one.

Suck is the only hidden one.

What is the logic behind Suck being hidden?

maybe because it might have been a bit buggy and they just put it in for the "advanced" users to use

Genie, i will never get bored of it, just like my dads powerbook lighting up in the dark.

jack

Edited by jackt

maybe because it might have been a bit buggy and they just put it in for the "advanced" users to use

Well, the exposè "button" also is hidden, not because it's buggy, but most likely because it was deemed unneccesary.

Yes, moving the mouse to the button kind of defeats the object of having expose. Although I do think there is little reason for suck being hidden.

These results sadden me. It's all about speed and Genie is just plain annoying to me.

While my prefered way of working is more like Daniels, I feel I have to minimize a lot at work due to baldy written apps we use that can't be closed, opened (or left covering the desktop all the time) or anything else with the keyboard, so minimizing is the only way.

I never use the minimize feature. Using Cmd + H to hide seems more efficient to me. Well, I've been doing that since System 7, so I guess it's more of a habit than an efficient workflow :P

Genie is great but only really on the newer machines G4 or better!

Why did they make suck a hidden one? Anyways, I think genie is definetly better than scale, are there any other methods?