Sign in to follow this  
etiquette.designs

Screen Resolution question?

Hello,

I own an iBook G4 and I was wondering if there is anything out there that will help me get a better resolution on my mac. I can only have 1024x768.... but I want to change it, but I don't know if it is possible.

So if anyone knows if this is possible or if you know if there is any app that can do that, please let me know!

Thanks,

seth

Pretty much, you are stuck. I don't think there is anyway to upgrade the built in video card and that is what you would need to do.

Pretty much, you are stuck. I don't think there is anyway to upgrade the built in video card and that is what you would need to do.

In fact it is more a limitation of the LCD panel than the video card, which would make any upgrade cost more than the iBook is worth.

Thank you you guys!

I thought that would be a problem. I heard of an app called ScreenRes and I wasn't sure if that is what it did.

thanks for the reply's. they really helped!

Thanks again!

.seth

-etiquette.designs

-www.myspace.com/etiquette_designs

-www.etiquettedesigns.com

Thank you you guys!

I thought that would be a problem. I heard of an app called ScreenRes and I wasn't sure if that is what it did.

thanks for the reply's. they really helped!

Thanks again!

.seth

You can change the resolution with the display preference however anything other than the native resoultion will look bad as it will have to draw the now "fake pixels" and it will look at best mediocre. Are you sure the native resolution is 1024 X 768?

I had the same complaint about my PowerBook. What I find myself doing most of the time is connecting to my 20in monitor.

I had the same complaint about my PowerBook. What I find myself doing most of the time is connecting to my 20in monitor.

yeah best thing to do is just get a bigger monitor with higher supported resolution, the ibook can only mirror (meaning the resolution level 1024x768 wont be any higher) but the powerbooks can have the expanded desktop space (more pixels to do your bidding)