jassigal

Rebate Question

I just recently purchased a new macbook, which I really love.

When I bought my computer, I took advantage of two of the promotions going on: the free printer and the free ipod nano.

Both rebates require that I cut off the UPC bar code from the computer. Obviously theres only one... Does anyone know if photo copies are accepted. I thought the sales assoicate at the apple store said to just photo copy it, but i wanted to confirm this was accepted.

Thanks

Yes, just photocopy. I often find myself photocopying receipts as well as UPC codes when I am doing rebates from a number of stores. The companies know that there are multiple offers a lot of the time, and they should accept a photocopy.

haha, i even photocopied my hand next to the upc giving the thumbs up to apple... they will enjoy it

I wish I'da known this, I took advantage of the promotion for the printer and it said that they only took the original UPC. I felt terrible canibalizing my iMac box for 100 bucks  :(

Isn't it funny how we don't even want to mess up the boxes of our Macs? The box for my TiBook got wet in my dad's basement and I was quite upset. I made sure I kept the MacBook's box in a closet instead :lol:

because apple customers tend to care about their possessions and like many have said the mac has a soul. its all quite weird how much better apple's are treated compared to other computers.