monkeybutler

Macbook Owners: You've had a few months. Whats your opinion now?

I agree about Stuffit. After coming off of the way WinXP handles zip files natively as if they were folders, having to go back to using a 3rd party expander was a bit annoying. BOMArchiveHelper is a welcome addition to OS X since it's vastly faster than Stuffit, but I'd still like to see archives handled like folders. Advantage MS on that one I guess.

@jasonium:

Flip4Mac doesn't support playback of protected WMA files. Microsoft says no to OS X and they have the license.

@haivu:

I agree, I wish there were more useful keys for the MacBook keyboard. As with the iBook, I find the "enter" key next to the left arrow to be mostly useless, and wish I could place something else there, like a right option key, for instance. I like the fact that you can swap out the hard drive on the MacBooks. This fact made the MacBook a more attractive option for me than the iMac when shopping around.

One thing that I noticed that was different from the iBook was that I need to press shift-fn-left-arrow to get shift-home. Previously on the iBook, I could press fn-shift-left-arrow to get the same result. However, with the MacBook, the order in which the modifier keys are pressed somtimes matters.

I've had mine since they first came out and I was a little worried as i heard some bad thing about first gen products but I have had nothing but pleasure out of this machine. it is my first mac and i couldnt be happier. I think that the only problems i have had are getting over the way i did things in windows :)

one annoyance is how FrontRow won't let you stretch 4:3 video. Yes i know some people think it is stupid to distort the image, but ya know pretty much every video playing software I know has this option but FrontRow.

I had an extremely bad experience with my MacBook. Now it is long gone having damaged me mentally. I feel paranoid about every single piece of electronic equipment. But that is just me and my sodding bad luck.

One thing that I noticed that was different from the iBook was that I need to press shift-fn-left-arrow to get shift-home. Previously on the iBook, I could press fn-shift-left-arrow to get the same result. However, with the MacBook, the order in which the modifier keys are pressed somtimes matters.

Actually, you don't have to hit shift at all. fn-left arrow works on my MacBook.